Windows 10: Office Professional 2010 Plus fails to install on Windows 10

Discus and support Office Professional 2010 Plus fails to install on Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a brand new computer (Dell Inspiron Laptop) with a pristine version of Windows 10 on it. This is not an upgrade! My copy of Office Professional... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ARG, May 16, 2016.

1. ARG
    ARG Win User

Office Professional 2010 Plus fails to install on Windows 10

I have a brand new computer (Dell Inspiron Laptop) with a pristine version of Windows 10 on it. This is not an upgrade! My copy of Office Professional 2010 Plus fails to install on this computer.

At first, the installation progress bar goes all the way to the end, but doesn't say it is done, and there is no button, so all you can do is cancel by closing the window. Then I tried rebooting my computer because that was pending after Windows updated itself, and I started to get a 1935 Error. I tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode (I have used it on my old Laptop which is Windows 7), but even that fails. After a couple of tries, now I get different error messages, for example PowerMUI.msi (I think, some name like that) is missing and the installation stops.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Will really appreciate it. Losing productive work time because of this.

:)

2. Windows 10: Reset My PC But Keep My Files Will It Reset My Desktop Programs?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

As Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 is mention in the list, the Windows shall remove this application if you reset the computer. If you have the product key of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, you may reset the computer, and install Microsoft
    Office Professional Plus 2010 from website and enter the product key to activate it.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community
    Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 16, 2016
  3. nshailesh Win User
    What will happen to the licensed softwares installed on windows 7

Hi,

I am currently using genuine windows 7 professional version.

I have also installed Microsoft office 2010 professional plus on this system.

If I go ahead with the windows 10 installation, will I be able to install the same office suite on windows 10 also.

I dont want to pay again for the office suite.

Please help

nshailesh, May 16, 2016
  4. strollin Win User

I don't think this is a Win 10 issue. I've installed Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 on Win 10 without issues. No errors from the installers and not necessary to use any compatibility settings.

Perhaps your install disk is smudged or otherwise damaged or maybe the optical drive on your new laptop is defective.

I would try copying the files from your install disk to a folder on your machine and running the install from there.

strollin, May 16, 2016
  5. It is also possible you have an underlying issue. Try running chkdsk or DISM to check the integrity of your Windows 10 install first. Office 2010 and even earlier revisions are 100% compatible with Windows 10.

As another suggestion, our Dells come junked up with preinstalled software and certainly don't run at their most efficient. If it was me, I would have wiped the HDD clean after making the restore discs and installed Windows 10 cleanly.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office Professional 2010 Plus fails to install on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Office Professional 2010

2. Office 2021 Professional Plus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2021 Professional Plus: Dear community service ,can someone please help me if the below website is legitimate? https://officedigital.io/cart/they are offering to sell office 2021 license 24 euro for a lifetime.is this true?Appreciate for reply.P....
  3. Office 2021 Professional Plus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2021 Professional Plus: Dear community service ,can someone please help me if the below website is legitimate? https://officedigital.io/cart/they are offering to sell office 2021 license 24 euro for a lifetime.is this true?Appreciate for reply.P....
  4. Office Professional Plus 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Professional Plus 2016: I can't I even choose the items in the in the ribbon on my computer for Office Professional Plus 2016. This is my computer and I should be able to set it up for the way I use it. Ruth...
  5. Installation of Office Professional Plus 2019 got stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation of Office Professional Plus 2019 got stuck: I'm trying to install Microsoft office Professional Plus 2019 for hours now. The process bar got stuck at around 50% As I checked Task Manager, the "Microsoft Office Click-to-run Client" used 0% of the CPU, however, "Microsoft Office Click-to-run (SxS)" uses around 30% of...
  6. MS Office Professional 2010

MS Office Professional 2010: I need to replace my laptop soon and I want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows 10, because I cannot afford MS Office 365 Personal £59.99 a year or £5.99 a month. I am retired on a State pension and want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows...
  7. Microsoft Office 2010 Professional

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional: I have a new machine Dell Inspiron which had office 365 installed - I didnt need it - so I uninstalled it. I then started to install from the disc - Office Professional 2010 - the installation halted three quarters through with error code 25541 - failed to open XML file....
  8. Microsoft Professional Plus 2010 Activation Wizard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Professional Plus 2010 Activation Wizard: When I open Microsoft Word. It showed a window with an Error code: 0XC004F074 I need help understanding what is the problem with my Office. I have been using for 4 years and there's nothing wrong with it until recently. Thank you....
  9. Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 can not verify the license for this product

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 can not verify the license for this product: Hi I have issues with my Microsoft Office and this is what is says when I open Word or Excel "Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 can not verify the license for this product. You should repair the office program by using control panel" I did this several times but...
  10. Activate Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010: Following the instruction and I got the Product Key to activate my Microsoft apps. The Product Key contains the N character and when I enterred it into the Change Product Key box, I was announce that the N character is not valid. I want to ask what I should do?...