Windows 10: Office updates

Discus and support Office updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an emachines et1331g desktop. The desktop came with Windows 7 and office 2007 (trial version) already installed. I uninstalled the office 2007... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by liebherr1999, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Office updates

I have an emachines et1331g desktop. The desktop came with Windows 7 and office 2007 (trial version) already installed. I uninstalled the office 2007 using control panel right away because I had office xp pro that I wanted to use instead. Although I uninstalled office 2007, I kept getting updates for 2007. When using Windows 7, I had the option to hide the updates and not install them. That worked to keep them from downloading. After upgrading to Windows 10, I cannot keep windows from downloading them. My question is: Why does windows update think I still have the office 2007 installed? There is no office 2007 showing in installed programs. Is there a way to prevent the updates for office 2007 that supposed to be uninstalled? I have office xp pro that works well with 7 and 10.

:)

liebherr1999, Dec 27, 2015

2. Windows updates include updates to SW (Office 2010) I no longer have

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; Windows updates for Windows 10 are configured to run automatically. Since Windows Defender is pre install on windows 10, you will be receiving updates.

Since you are getting Update for Office 2010 instead of 2013, I would suggest you to perform Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 27, 2015
  3. ATKJARV Win User
    Windows updates include updates to SW (Office 2010) I no longer have

Updated my Dell desktop to Windows 10 more than a week ago. As I have Office 2013 I uninstalled after the update, my old Office 2010. This morning I got a Windows Update, and it included 40 updates to Office 2010 despite the fact, I no longer have it.
    What gives? Why is my computer getting cluttered and getting errors on software I don't have? The same applies to Windows Defender, which I don't use as I have Norton, and yet I keep getting an update which doesn't install to it? This doesn't make sense. What
    is going on here? And how can I get this fixed, please?

ATKJARV, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Office updates

First, I would be remiss if I didn't warn you that Office XP is no longer supported, and thus it has known vulnerabilities that attackers can take advantage of to install viruses and malware. You really should upgrade to a more modern version of Office. Office XP is 15 years old.

To answer your question, when you install a version of Office and then uninstall it, it leaves behind bits and pieces that still register with the Windows Update system, and thus Windows Update installs updates. These might be things like language versions, or other apps. You might want to check your Program Files folders for remnants of it. There is also a tool you can download from Microsoft to completely remove any given version of Office.

Mystere, Dec 27, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Also, if you have a 64-bit version of Win10 be sure to look in C:\Program Files (x86) for remnants of Office 2007 and older. Office 2010 and newer are available as either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Updates can also appear if having a Microsoft Viewer installed such as PowerPoint Viewer, Excel Viewer, etc.

I also have had no problem reinstalling Office 2000, Office XP/2002 and Office 2003 after Upgrading a computer to Win10.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office updates

1. Office updates - Similar Threads - Office updates

2. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542
  3. Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer: Saved Office Documents Not Updating Date/Time In Windows 11 File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-office-documents-not-updating-datetime-in/f447ddaf-49c2-4516-9fa2-66f7cb63e542
  4. Office 2019 lifetime updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2019 lifetime updates: I purchase a life time version of office 2019, my iMac was purchased in 2013, I can longe update and use my office 2019 purchase. why is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2019-lifetime-updates/8e76e200-4dc4-46c6-95ed-cd9568d9fda3
  5. Office 2019 lifetime updates

Office 2019 lifetime updates: I purchase a life time version of office 2019, my iMac was purchased in 2013, I can longe update and use my office 2019 purchase. why is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2019-lifetime-updates/8e76e200-4dc4-46c6-95ed-cd9568d9fda3
  6. Unable to Install Microsoft Office Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Microsoft Office Updates: Hi, I've been trying to install the latest updates for Microsoft Office, but every time I attempt to do so, the installation fails with an error message. I've disabled my antivirus software and made sure that my internet connection is stable, but the updates still won't...
  7. Unable to Install Microsoft Office Updates

Unable to Install Microsoft Office Updates: Hi, I've been trying to install the latest updates for Microsoft Office, but every time I attempt to do so, the installation fails with an error message. I've disabled my antivirus software and made sure that my internet connection is stable, but the updates still won't...
  8. Unable to Install Microsoft Office Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 update this morning our Explorer became...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 update this morning our Explorer became...: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...
  10. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 update this morning our Explorer became...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 update this morning our Explorer became...: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...