Windows 10: Office xp shortcut bar Icons do not display

Discus and support Office xp shortcut bar Icons do not display in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have used the Office XP shortcut bar with every windows version up to windows 7 without problems. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the Icons only show... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bobjsf, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Bobjsf Win User

Office xp shortcut bar Icons do not display

I have used the Office XP shortcut bar with every windows version up to windows 7 without problems. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the Icons only show a ? and the program associated with the icon will only execute if I right click on the icon and click either open or run as administrator. The program name associated with the icon will display when I hover over the icon.

Is there any fix for displaying the actual icon picture? I have more programs that I use daily than would fit on the task bar. I don't want to clutter my desktop with icons. The shortcut bar allows me to organize my program icons in different task bars so I would like to continue using it.

:)

Bobjsf, Oct 2, 2015
  2. NewbieUW Win User

Upper screen toolbar in Windows 10 to locate program shortcuts which launch on mouse clicking

Up until the advent of Windows 10 I was able to install the Office 97 toolbar on my PC and include the shortcuts to many of my regularly used programs. I can still install the Office 97 toolbar with Windows 10 but receive the following error message when
    clicking on the shortcut icons in the tool bar. "Cannot run this program of open this file". Is there a way around using the Office 97 tool bar to store shortcut program icons which will launch the program when clicking onto the icon in this tool bar?
    Alternatively is there a way to install a second tool bar from the task manager which will sit on top of the screen and allow short cut program icons to be stored on it becoming available for automatic running when I click the mouse over it?

NewbieUW, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 start menu app icons wrong can't delete app.

i have the same problem on 2 PC.

Blank or generic icon in start menu, desktop and application bar. icon office too.

Many shortcut (office for example) in properties don't have "file location"

PaoloDellepiane, Oct 2, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

It's been a dozen or so years since I last worked with Office XP/2002 but have you tried right-clicking each of the icons and choosing Properties then at the bottom click the Change Icon? Doing things on Win8.0/8.1 and 10 became more problematic with old programs, might be because of the Tiles feature.

Berton, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Bobjsf Win User
    Yes I have tried to change icon. I have removed icons and replaced them. nothing works.

Bobjsf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office xp shortcut bar Icons do not display - Similar Threads - Office shortcut bar

2. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  3. Windows icon display shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icon display shortcut not working: I just did a recent update and I found the shortcut of Ctl-Shift 1/2/3/4/5/6 not working anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icon-display-shortcut-not-working/76c852d5-fa9b-401a-b12e-1ce2d84f2061
  4. Windows icon display shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icon display shortcut not working: I just did a recent update and I found the shortcut of Ctl-Shift 1/2/3/4/5/6 not working anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icon-display-shortcut-not-working/76c852d5-fa9b-401a-b12e-1ce2d84f2061
  5. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  6. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  7. Using Office XP Shortcut Bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Using Office XP Shortcut Bar: Hi, I like to use Office XP Shortcut Bar on right side of desktop to launch preferred applications. Installation was fine for Windows10 v2004 and it shows the bar as expected. But when I drag a shortcut to the bar, the shortcut icon is missing and when I click on it, it...
  8. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  9. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  10. Is there a Substitute for the Office Shortcut Bar?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there a Substitute for the Office Shortcut Bar?: Hello ALL: My wife used the Office XP Shortcut bar to keep a quick way to launch software within categories. Is there an equivalent she can use in 64 bit Windows 10 with Office 2016? Her main goal is to have a small group of Icons separated in categories. 73188