Windows 10: Office365 - setting up email rules server side

Discus and support Office365 - setting up email rules server side in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop, both accessing the same mailbox stored in my Office365 account. If I set up email rules in Outlook on my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jon12345, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Jon12345 Win User

Office365 - setting up email rules server side

I use Outlook on both my laptop and desktop, both accessing the same mailbox stored in my Office365 account. If I set up email rules in Outlook on my laptop, I believe this will not populate to Oulook on my desktop. Therefore, I presume it has to be done server side, but I cannot work out which part I go to.

Anyone know?

Thanks,Jon

:)

Jon12345, Aug 14, 2017
  2. ziptech Win User

No email notification with server-side rules

Direct push is working great (Mogul/PPC-6800 with WM6), but I don't get any notification of email unless it's delivered to the inbox. I have some server-side rules that direct all of the important mail to subfolders, there's no notification on those, all
    I get is the chime when I get the spam in the inbox. Is there a way to get notification for those? Registry tweak? Anything?

ziptech, Aug 14, 2017
  3. No email notification with server-side rules

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do that.

Linley Meslier, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Office365 - setting up email rules server side

Hi Jon12345.

When you say you use Outlook on both devices I believe you are using Outlook 2016. I believe Office 365 is just an Outlook.com account.

Yours maybe slightly different. Sign in to your mail using a browser. Along the top of Outlook.com mail is a gear, closer to the right hand side. Click it, at the bottom of menu that opens is Options, click.

There should be a section called Automated processing, very left and within that there is a sub heading "Inbox and sweep rules". I believe what you are looking for is the Inbox rules.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Jon12345 Win User
    Thanks Ken. You are right, it is Outlook 2016. It says Microsoft Exchange under File > Info, so its not using outlook.com

Jon12345, Aug 15, 2017
  6. Great. Outlook.com has an easy interface for rules / filters and I like the "Sweep" function for regular newsletters / flyers.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office365 - setting up email rules server side

1. Office365 - setting up email rules server side - Similar Threads - Office365 setting email

2. Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?: Hello,I have roadrunner and presently Windows 11 is not deleting the emails from the RR server when I read them and delete them from Windows mail. The old OUTLOOK I was usuing did. Is there a way I can have the windows eamil delete the emails from the RR server?Thanks!...
  3. Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?: Hello,I have roadrunner and presently Windows 11 is not deleting the emails from the RR server when I read them and delete them from Windows mail. The old OUTLOOK I was usuing did. Is there a way I can have the windows eamil delete the emails from the RR server?Thanks!...
  4. Email set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email set up: Choose which account to send the email from - is not set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-set-up/be9b2881-a488-4d5c-9afb-1ae288e2a183
  5. Office365 Business Essentials email setup question.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office365 Business Essentials email setup question.: I’m not getting clear confident answer on this from Microsoft sales. Since the connected accounts feature has been removed from Outlook on the web, can users still add their business domain email accounts, gmail, and or hotmail/live accounts? Are there Aliases? Adding...
  6. Disable Junk Email Folder - Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable Junk Email Folder - Office365: Currently using Office365. Does anyone know if its possible to completely disable the Junk Mail folder. Or, if it's possible to setup a rule on the Junk Email folder to push any/all emails to the inbox. 128725
  7. email server settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    email server settings: How do I check my email server settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-server-settings/2fcc8099-ac87-4f8f-bbfd-f7029736cd76
  8. What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?

What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?: * Merged. Originally posted to Virus & Malware. I need some advice/help. I am supporting a person on the Autistic Spectrum who has recently been fired for gross misconduct and wants to appeal this decision. There was not one shred of evidence presented to them throughout...
  9. What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?

What is the most likely cause of forwarding email rules being set up?: I need some advice/help. I am supporting a person on the Autistic Spectrum who has recently been fired for gross misconduct and wants to appeal this decision. There was not one shred of evidence presented to them throughout the firing process, however what they were accused...
  10. ?server side errors?

in Windows 10 Support
    ?server side errors?: OK I have a lot of apps backed up on USB drive, Firefox,Chrome,Opera, as well as other software live VLC So I slap it in ans begin installing what I call necessity-ware... Everything is installing fine but when I go to install chrome I get a message "server side error...