Windows 10: Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft?

Discus and support Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anybody know what is the official definition of part numbers by microsoft? I contacted support chat, they say that part numbers are supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiiren, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Shiiren Win User

Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft?

Does anybody know what is the official definition of part numbers by microsoft?

I contacted support chat, they say that part numbers are supposed to begin with an X then followed by 4 numbers like for example X-1234, if this is true, then what do they officially call a code like this FQC-08930??

:)

Shiiren, Jul 26, 2017

2. Regarding Part Numbers

Hi,

I want to ask what is Microsoft Definition of part numbers?

Like this for example: FQC-08930 is this officially called part number of the product by Microsoft?

Because from the support chat, they say that part numbers are suppose to begin with an X the followed by numbers. In the case of DVD's the part number is located in the IMB (inner mirror band) part which is hologram?

My question is then what is FQC-08930? what is it officially being called by Microsoft?

References will be appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan33MY, Jul 26, 2017
  3. manofwar Win User
    Sertified memory for N76

Greetings.

Please advise what memory cards are officially compatible with n76?

Part numbers or brands?

Thank you.

manofwar, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft?

Josey Wales, Jul 26, 2017
  5. Shiiren Win User
    Well thanks, But still it doesn't answer which one is which for the OP question.

Shiiren, Jul 26, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    I suspect 'part number' means different things to different people. To me as a technician it means a number relating to an individual component or part within a piece of hardware, a number that the manufacturer recognises and is able to supply a replacement part from.

It could also relate to consumer products for sale, my W8.1 retail discs begin with X18-xxxxx-xx

That can also be called a part number although to me the term is incorrect.

Mooly, Jul 26, 2017
  7. Shiiren Win User
    If you don't call X-1234 as part #, then what do you call that?

I can say with a degree of certainty that what microsoft officially calls SKU is something like FQC-08930? CmIIW

Shiiren, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft?

1. Official definition of Part Number by Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Official definition Part

2. Is this an official Microsoft product?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this an official Microsoft product?: found this official product on the Internet? boxed version of windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-an-official-microsoft-product/25f14d2a-454e-4811-8020-f398b1944888
  3. Is this an official Microsoft product?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this an official Microsoft product?: found this official product on the Internet? boxed version of windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-an-official-microsoft-product/25f14d2a-454e-4811-8020-f398b1944888
  4. Official Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Official Microsoft Support: I have a few questions related to Microsoft Support:Is there an official Microsoft support for Windows or Windows Apps area? If yes, is it free or paid?Can someone provide the link if it does exist?The only area I found for support provides "how to" information for the...
  5. is this an official microsoft email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this an official microsoft email?: so I got an email from something called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it was simply them asking for feedback for windows 11, they provided a link, which did sent me to customerfeedback.microsoft.com.with the microosft.com at the end, it looks legit.just asking,...
  6. is this an official microsoft email?

is this an official microsoft email?: so I got an email from something called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** it was simply them asking for feedback for windows 11, they provided a link, which did sent me to customerfeedback.microsoft.com.with the microosft.com at the end, it looks legit.just asking,...
  7. Part number change after updating

Part number change after updating: When upgrading Windows 10 64bit Pro FQC-08929 to 20H2, does the part number or license number change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/part-number-change-after-updating/485cb0e7-154b-4424-9293-09211f5fa89a
  8. Windows 11 Official Release Build Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Official Release Build Number: Please, I would like to know the latest windows 11 official release build number. I google searched and found 22000.194. Is this the current official release build number?...
  9. Windows 11 Official Release Build Number

Windows 11 Official Release Build Number: Please, I would like to know the latest windows 11 official release build number. I google searched and found 22000.194. Is this the current official release build number?...
  10. HxTsr.exe without any digital signature ???? really .. an official Microsoft tool part of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HxTsr.exe without any digital signature ???? really .. an official Microsoft tool part of...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hxtsrexe-is-the-pseudo-camelisation-expected/fb07427e-5ad4-4f3a-bffa-31067337e13f regardless of what it is and what is its purpose i find it utterly sloppy and beyond careless that any decent size software publishing...