Windows 10: Official Windows 10 Forum?

Discus and support Official Windows 10 Forum? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does something like this actually exist? If so, where do I find this (a link would be nice)? I REALLY need to make a serious rant post, and I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xogroroth, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Xogroroth Win User

Official Windows 10 Forum?

Does something like this actually exist?
    If so, where do I find this (a link would be nice)?

I REALLY need to make a serious rant post, and I do not like to do this on a forum where MicroSoft isn't reading up...

Thank you beforehand.
    Xog

:)

Xogroroth, Dec 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

If you would have labelled it something other than 'serious rant post', someone may have given you a link by now!

However, feel free to get it off your chest here, in a lucid, well grounded, civilized, well thought-out manner, following all Forum Rules, then someone may think about posting a link for Ya! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 15, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    This forum is read by a lot of people, I think it's the first stop for Microsoft techs when the want to find out what's really happening

We do however have Forum Rules which we enforce rigorously *Wink

Barman58, Dec 15, 2017
  6. Xogroroth Win User
    Thank you kindly, good Sirs.

Xogroroth, Dec 15, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You came to a Windows 10 forum that has been around for a long time, including the sister forums and ask if there is an official forum. You do realize that forums exist because those who use that product, want to compare notes or help out others. It would be like going to one of the car forums and ask if say an official Ford or Cuda forum exists.

bro67, Dec 16, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

You mean like Windows 10 Forums. I love these types of posts, because they remind all of us how the lost find their way home to a place that you can either make friends or make enemies, or have enemies that end up finally listening when they relax and lose the tude.

bro67, Dec 16, 2017
  9. Official Microsoft Forum, Microsoft Community
    Windows 10 section here, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...rum/windows_10
    I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting these links. I can't say as it's any more "Microsoft eye's on" than this site. Mostly MVP's and other volunteers answering posts like here. But if you want a Microsoft owned and operated forum I do believe that's it.

alphanumeric, Dec 16, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    There's a TechNet forum too that's intended for IT professionals. It may therefore be a bit more "Microsoft eye's on", but I can't say I've seen much evidence of that. You do see replies from Microsoft engineers there, though.

TBH, the range of skills available (and willingness to help) seem at least as high (if not higher) here on TenForums than any 'official' forum I've looked at. *Smile

11. Barman58 Win User
    The other thing here is that someone who has an issue with Microsoft or their policies and asks a reasonably phrased question (ie. not just a rant), will be likely to start a discussion not an argument *Wink *Biggrin

Barman58, Dec 16, 2017
  12. I am or was a member on Answers. Haven't been active for a while though. I prefer this forum hands down over Answers. My logic was, if it's just going to be another rant, better there than here. *Wink

alphanumeric, Dec 16, 2017
  13. Barman58 Win User

I use MS forums all the time when trying to solve issues, but do find that Technet was/is always more likely to give the correct technical answer I am looking for, without the inevitable pointless point scoring that I see on the MS forums these days. As there is an amount of social interaction on the MS forums you can also see an amount of group bullying of posters who do not follow the "Party Line"

Barman58, Dec 16, 2017
  14. AAAH yes forum rules.

I like the forum rules.
    It allows members to give help, learn and some polite B/S in the proper places.

Polite being a key word.

Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

Just a reminder if one has a problem.
    This forum has some of the most complete 'Tutorials' for Windows 10 that I have ever found.
    Because I'm new to Windows 10, I have spent a lot of time in the 'Tutorials'.
    I just bought and installed Windows 10 Pro/64 about a week ago and just as I expected; it's a learning experience.

I also run over to Microsoft sites for information from time to time.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Official Windows 10 Forum? - Similar Threads - Official Forum

2. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  3. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  4. Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?: I'm not sure why windows 11 is so confusing with audio drivers. I googled and I can't seem to find the official website for audio drivers windows 11. What gives? Why is it so complicated. Can you please give me the website where I can download the audio driver for Windows 11?...
  5. Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?

Where is the official website for Audio Drivers for Windows 11?: I'm not sure why windows 11 is so confusing with audio drivers. I googled and I can't seem to find the official website for audio drivers windows 11. What gives? Why is it so complicated. Can you please give me the website where I can download the audio driver for Windows 11?...
  6. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  7. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  8. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  9. Why is Windows Official Support...?

Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  10. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade