Windows 10: Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

Discus and support Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to prevent Windows 10 putting itself offline while it performs automatic updates? 17 January 2017 Windows update ended up looping forever after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

How to prevent Windows 10 putting itself offline while it performs automatic updates?

17 January 2017 Windows update ended up looping forever after it put itself offline by updating - without permision - the current working non MS net drivers to MS net drivers (which never works in configurations used by us and our clients)!

Win10 update does not seem to have no
    - timeouts: a computer may loop days/weeks
    - no try & except programming; you can not interupt it nor
    does update handle interrups

Win10 updates before 17.1.2017 may have finished leaving workstations offline which have been fixed by manually istalling non MS net drivers - this 17.1.2017 shoots itself before that!

How to get MS react to this?

If the idea is to provide updates via online connection why not let users to keep working network drivers! ?

How to MS not to redefine what system software and save also non MS but definetely working network drivers to restore points?
    Once Win10 update discovers that system is offline why does it not try getting it online again - in our cases reinstalling network drivers system used before it replaced them?

Multiprocessing usage during automatic update - why not to utilize once Win10 puts itself offline to make system online again?

Where are the Top Guns to get this offline problem solved?

Thanks in advance and thanks Linux guys letting me stay web connected using multiple devices and channels - and not only to report about Windows 10 update problems!

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 19, 2017
  2. Mark_T_WA Win User

Windows Defender Offline

Windows Defender Offline continues to run and run and keep restarting the computer over and over and I can not stop the cycle of "Preparing Automatic Repair" so that the Toshiba Laptop boots normally. This began after a WIN10 update took place.

Mark_T_WA, Jan 19, 2017
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 19, 2017
  4. Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

I'm likely not answering your questions but you can tell Windows to leave the drivers alone.

To disable driver updates, Control Panel, System and Security, System, on left Advance System Settings, Hardware Tab, Device Installation settings, click No. This may cause a menu to open. Pick I’ll decide

This may get reset in a major Update, like 1511 to 1607 but it won't update drivers on the regular updates. Some to watch this spring.

You may also want to reference this tutorial for other ideas on managing Windows 10 updates.

Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Thanks!

Without having the offline options available the monster Windows 10 Update 17th of January 2017 does NOT allow one to
    do enything with mouse i.e. you can NOT click - neither does it accept any keyboard actions i.e. you CAN not go to command mode ny pressing for example WIN button and R !

Yes, I have defined/forbidden automatic updates NOT to update my working not MS network drivers, however it DOES
    update them making itself offline which is more than stupid and after all dangerous and the situiation it should detect BEFORE
    even trying to start online updates from web!

NOTHING can be done by user - NO keyboard - NO mouse actions!

Yes, you CAN make hardware reset but it does NOT help!

Yes, you can try power off/on but it does NOT help!

Note, that NO Windows 10 version - neither Win 8.1 - has been handle the situation where a user forgets to switch moden on/
    make itself online and has started Window 8.1 or 10 - it simply does NOT detect if you then make LAN/modem/... work
    and you HAVE to reboot Windows 10 - compare to other OS such as Ubuntu: you can start it offline, do some work and once
    web is available for example via WiFi it connects itself to web automatically - that's the way Windows 10 should do!

dragonxi4tenfor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

1. Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update - Similar Threads - Offline automatomation Win10

2. Offline upgrade of Win10 21H1 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline upgrade of Win10 21H1 to 21H2: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to upgrade Win10 21H1 to 21H2 in an offline environment?Is there other option other than Windows Update or WSUS?...
  3. Offline upgrade of Win10 21H1 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline upgrade of Win10 21H1 to 21H2: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to upgrade Win10 21H1 to 21H2 in an offline environment?Is there other option other than Windows Update or WSUS?...
  4. Where are Win10 offline maps stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are Win10 offline maps stored?: I can't find them at C:\. What would be the file name of the offline map for Colorado?Thanks,Terry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-win10-offline-maps-stored/5357b774-2f21-484a-859a-603d30060e58
  5. Win10 automatic update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 automatic update.: Win10 automatic update is ver nightmare. It damge our graphic card & our projects delay. Tge automatic update should have the option to turn off always or ask before action. Computer is produce to support the human with improve work. But Microsoft let the computer control tge...
  6. Win10 BSOD During Windows Update

Win10 BSOD During Windows Update: I did fresh install of Win10 v2004, then ran windows update right away. After first restart, i ran win update again only to getBSOD missing winload.efi. I tried solutions on the internet with cmd, diskpart to no success. From [list volume] all volumes marked as "healthy". I...
  7. Gigabyte P55 stuck during Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gigabyte P55 stuck during Win10 Update: I have owned a Gigabyte P55 Laptop for some years, and I am trying to update to a more recent version of Win10 as mine went out of support some time ago. However, whenever I try to update (or sometimes even try to do a "Reset this PC" option), it simply gets stuck on the...
  8. apps lost during automatic update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    apps lost during automatic update: windows store-maps and calculator was lost doring automatic update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-maps-and-calculator-was-lost-doring/8e0876e2-c373-47c2-adce-bc58ee38908f"
  9. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  10. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download: When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks...