Windows 10: Offline Security Update for Windows 7

Discus and support Offline Security Update for Windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good morning Folks! I have a single use Windows 7 laptop that almost never goes online (since the OS is no longer supported). Occasionally I want to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jdUnionngarden, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Offline Security Update for Windows 7

Good morning Folks!
    I have a single use Windows 7 laptop that almost never goes online (since the OS is no longer supported). Occasionally I want to go online to acquire some information or software.
    Since MS has recently provided a patch for WannaCry ransomware, I'd like to know I'm protected.
    -
    Can I safely go online and install the patch or can I download it on my Windows 10 machine and run it offline on my Win7 laptop?

Thanks very much! *Smile

:)

jdUnionngarden, Jun 15, 2017
  2. geekdom Win User

Defender say potential problem, but nothing highlighted, Safety Scan is clean, what now?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17466/windows-defender-offline-help-protect-my-pc

If you are running Windows 10, the above information should help in running Windows Defender Offline.

"You suspect your PC has malware that might be hiding on your PC, but your security software doesn’t detect anything. In this case, you can start a Windows Defender Offline scan from Windows Defender Settings.

Go to Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Defender
    > Select Scan Offline."

Follow the directions.

----------

Those folks running Windows 7 must now hunt for the links to download Windows Defender Offline.

geekdom, Jun 15, 2017
  3. WD- Scan offline is not an option

When I follow instructions to scan offline: Settings, Update & Security, Windows defender, Scan offline, after Windows defender Scan offline is not given as an option. What's the problem.

Moved from Windows

BenjaminHeadYN, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Offline Security Update for Windows 7

Hi jdUnionngarden.

There is a Sevenforums you may wish to visit.

That said Windows 7 is still supported and will be until 2020. Are you running a version before SP1.

Please see this official MS statement.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...cle-fact-sheet

You most definitely can go online and perform window updates. You will not be infected with this narrow scope.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Thanks very much Ken,
    I moved here from Sevenforums and considered going there for this issue, but was thinking all the top knowledge folks have migrated here also.
    I'm thinking you have proved me correct! *Smile

I appreciate you giving me the confidence to just run the update normally.

Best,

jdUnionngarden, Jun 16, 2017
  6. Actually a lot of the members are in all three forums, 7,8 &10.

Really dedicated group of people wanting to help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 16, 2017
  7. Re: Wanting to help ...
    Indeed!
    Thanks again, Ken

*Smile

jdUnionngarden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Offline Security Update for Windows 7

1. Offline Security Update for Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Offline Security Update

2. Windows Security/Defender Offline not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security/Defender Offline not working: Hello respected sir/ma'am:I have been experiencing issues with Windows Security or Windows Defender not turning on to scan the system and other files. I can use the Virus and Threat protection's File Scan option where it scans all the files potentially for any viruses or...
  3. Windows Security/Defender Offline not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security/Defender Offline not working: Hello respected sir/ma'am:I have been experiencing issues with Windows Security or Windows Defender not turning on to scan the system and other files. I can use the Virus and Threat protection's File Scan option where it scans all the files potentially for any viruses or...
  4. Windows security offline does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security offline does not start: hi,I cannot start the offline scan for the Windows security. Just will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-offline-does-not-start/1ffd5d7e-762e-4019-829c-ff8821f46e02
  5. Windows security offline does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security offline does not start: hi,I cannot start the offline scan for the Windows security. Just will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-offline-does-not-start/1ffd5d7e-762e-4019-829c-ff8821f46e02
  6. Update Windows offline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows offline: Hi,How i can install the windows 10 update version 20h2 ,i am a partnership company with Microsoft, and i have more than 200 device that not connected to internet, so i cant install the new update through internet, is there any offline installer that i can download to update...
  7. Windows 7 security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 7 security: I still have Windows 7 and would like to know if I purchase an antivirus program will it work with it? Also, any recommendations for a good antivirus/malware protection program that works well with Windows 7. Thank you...
  8. Security Essentials Update for Windows 7

Security Essentials Update for Windows 7: I received notification of an update today 1/30 for Security Essentials that says it was published yesterday. I haven't downloaded or installed it yet because I thought support had ended for Windows 7 and I am concerned this is not genuine. Is Microsoft still putting updates...
  9. Security of windows 7

Security of windows 7: I have dual booted my PC.Now my PC have windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 pro. Since security updates for windows 7 will be end on jan14 2020, To be safer from vulnerabilities whether I have to delete my windows 7 ultimate or my dual booted PC itself safe enough?...
  10. Windows Security offline scan

Windows Security offline scan: How affective is the WS offline scan? Is there a better alternative?*Confused 146098