Windows 10: Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

Discus and support Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution, it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DRubini, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DRubini Win User

Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution, it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem.

It started lessish than a week ago I think? I was able to hit troubleshoot problems on the network and it'd fix. Then it suddenly started not fixing it. I tried... a lot. I can't remember everything I did but I did a lot of fiddling with settings. I started backing up my stuff to do a system restore and went away from the computer to allow it to do all it's jazz, about an hour passed and I came back and it was inexplicably working again. No rhyme or reason.

Maybe two days passed and it happened again, I started by going to reset the router and then it just shut off EVERYTHING. Router would turn on, but everyone else in the house lost wifi and no one could do anything about it. After maybe 10 minutes it turned back on for the same inexplicable reasons.

I did a system restore anyways just to be safe, and it hasn't happened for a few days.

Then today my brother upstairs and on the other side of the house lost wifi, he went and unplugged the router and plugged it back in and I got "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer". So I went over to unplug and replug (at the moment not knowing he had done it), and I learned that he had and he STILL wasn't getting wifi.

We reset various times over the last 15ish minutes trying stuff and now it's suddenly working again. My dad says he unplugged his android box and it started working again, and this is apparently the second time that's worked, but I've been having this problem pretty much privately and he wouldn't have unplugged it so I think that was coincidence and it was just waiting for enough time to pass again.

I'm really not sure what to do about this anymore, I have wifi right now but who the heck knows how long that will last for.

:)

DRubini, Feb 17, 2016

2. How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

Unfortunately this doesn't help. Troubleshooter tells me that "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"??

KarenThurston, Feb 17, 2016
  3. One or more network protocols is missing from this computer

This issue is everywhere on the internet.

Its really disappointing and irritating bcoz all my study and work is with the availability of internet.

My Samsung note 4 is working fine with the same wifi.

Most importantly, my brother Mac Book is doing real good with that same wifi while i m stuck here with my Microsoft thing.

I have done almost everythng suggest in diffrnt posts on this forum which made the situation even worst by changing all my settings.

Any words on this matter Mr. Microsoft???

hammadhassan100, Feb 17, 2016
  4. efta Win User

Thema:

1. Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer" - Similar Threads - more network protocols

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  8. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!: I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch off and then...
  9. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet even if i were a point blank in front of the router. its extremely annoying and in windows 10 its way more frequent. running the...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...