Windows 10: Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install?

Discus and support Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install? Mine had 6.29Gb. *Zip 11928 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GARoss, Aug 1, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install?

Is it ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install? Mine had 6.29Gb. *Zip

:)

GARoss, Aug 1, 2015
  2. tzhu07 Win User

I did it with no problems so far.

tzhu07, Aug 1, 2015
  3. ossie Win User
    Mine would only allow it through disk cleanup and clean system files!

ossie, Aug 1, 2015
  4. GARoss Win User

Disk cleanup doesn't list $Windows10.~BT folder. I tried just deleting but it would't allow. *Confused

GARoss, Aug 3, 2015
  5. GARoss Win User
    This did work. I needed to do an extra step which I over looked, System cleanup files. That took care of it.

Thanks Ossie!

GARoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install? - Similar Threads - delete $Windows10 ~BT

2. Surface, windows10, deleted folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface, windows10, deleted folder: I have windows 10 installed by MSFT from the network. I noticed that KBs are installed and in some cases my system rebooted. On one occasion, after a reboot, one of my folders was gone and I found it in the recycle bin. Has anyone else seen this happen? TIA...
  3. how to delete Windows BT folder ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to delete Windows BT folder ??: I am trying to do a fresh windows install via Refresh Tool and cant because it says couldn't start please try after pc reboot.After quite a bit of google-ing i found out that i need to delete the Windows BT Folder, but i can't even in safe mode because it says that i need...
  4. What is the $WINDOWS.`BT folder? Is it safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the $WINDOWS.`BT folder? Is it safe to delete?: In my C: drive, there is a folder that's called $WINDOWS.`BT. I don't really know what it is. From the looks of it, it's doesn't have anything important. Is it safe to delete it? Or is it important?...
  5. Can I delete $Windows.~BT after installing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete $Windows.~BT after installing?: This folder and $Windows.~WS are both part of the Windows 10 upgrade from what I've been told. Now that I've finished the installation, these two folders are still on my C: drive, eating up 11.5GB of space between them. Is it safe to get rid of them after the installation is...
  6. Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?: My question is simple and in the Title itself. It is, "Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?" 14509
  7. How to delete $Windows.~BT folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete $Windows.~BT folder: I have spent a lot of time trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my three year old Dell Inspiron desktop, but cannot do so. I'm no techie, but it seems to me that it is a $Windows.~BT folder that is preventing me from doing so. From what I have read, Windows should have done so...
  8. Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?: My brother's computer has been upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 back in April and runs fine. There is a SkyDrive folder which he has never used. Is it ok to delete it or uninstall it? 58966
  9. OK to delete windows.old folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    OK to delete windows.old folder?: I'm in the Windows Insider program and have updated Windows 10 several times now. Each time, creating a windows.old folder. Do I need to keep these, and if not, what's the best way of deleting them? This is probably a silly question, but better safe than sorry. Thanks! 52935
  10. Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows~BT folder before upgrade: Hi, I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO using Media Creation Tool and I wanted to know if it is safe to delete the Windows~BT folder before doing the upgrade. Will it cause some mess with the upgrade process if I delete it or just to leave it intact? Thanks,...