Windows 10: OK to disable Credentials Manager

Discus and support OK to disable Credentials Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 machines on my home hardwired network, 3 W10 and one W7. Do I need the Credential Manger and Network Credentials? Can I remove or disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJG10, Nov 12, 2016.

1. JJG10 Win User

OK to disable Credentials Manager

I have 4 machines on my home hardwired network, 3 W10 and one W7. Do I need the Credential Manger and Network Credentials? Can I remove or disabled them?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Nov 12, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

how do i get rid of "enter network password"?

click start and type credential

open the credentials manager

click on windows credentials

click add a windows credential

enter the server name and your username and password

click OK

Martmcd, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Arun B J Win User
    what is virtualapp/didlogical , sso pop user, sso pop device doin in my credentials page? and why do they repopulate inspite removing from the vault?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

It's apparently a generic authentication process tied to the use of 'Windows Live Essentials' utilities. You can remove it but it will re-appear if you use Windows Live products.

If you do not store Web or Windows credentials on your machine you could disable 'Credential Manager' in 'Services'.

If you go to Start and type services.msc, then Enter, then navigate to 'Credential Manager', right click on that entry, choose properties, then click 'Stop', then click on 'Startup type' drop down menu and choose 'Disabled', click Apply
    and OK.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2016
  4. OK to disable Credentials Manager

Check - User Accounts - Credential Manager - if you do not have anything there, you most likely do not need it.

TairikuOkami, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

OK to disable Credentials Manager

1. OK to disable Credentials Manager - Similar Threads - disable Credentials Manager

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. credential manager

credential manager: credential manager until this new computer would allow me to see the password when clicked on it, only had to enter my pin, this new windows computer will not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/74453cdb-2c44-4a93-81f3-540f96a43082
  5. Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential Manager: Hello, I am following the steps to access Credential Manager with no issue. However, once I get to the manager, all I have is Edit and Delete, there is no Show for passwords. When I click on the link for the password I need the password is all dots and there is no way to...
  6. Credential manager - Web Credentials

Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  7. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: hi I don't no my password for it on windows 10 I get to it click show password then it wants a password I don't no it can you help me also how do I move my passwords to a new lap top...
  8. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: When I open Credential manager and try to see a password, I enter my pin, explorer crashes then restarts. No matter how I try to get at it, it crashes. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/e0c531b2-a211-4fdf-889e-16c4ede1abb0"
  9. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/04e957fa-0d01-49e7-80f3-cb74e847e2f8
  10. credential manager

credential manager: How to make disabled credential manager for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager/29cdbb69-c570-4279-b752-109cf15bf8ee"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sso pop hacker

2. sso pop device

3. ok to remove SSO POP Device Credential