Windows 10: Okay to rename user accounts?

Discus and support Okay to rename user accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just deployed a customised Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 image with six user accounts pre done as part of the SysPrep. I'd like to use this to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tolqua, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Tolqua Win User

Okay to rename user accounts?

I have just deployed a customised Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 image with six user accounts pre done as part of the SysPrep.

I'd like to use this to reinstall on my sister's PC, too. She only needs four users, but they aren't included in my six (different family).

As there's no difference between any of the accounts apart from one being an administrator, can I rename four of the accounts to save having to create new ones or will I find that the original name's still left somewhere and will pop up at some time in the future and have someone wondering why there's somebody else's name where theirs should be?

I'm aware that the user folders will probably have to be renamed.

:)

Tolqua, Aug 15, 2016
  2. b_ella Win User

whatsapp images or videos not showing in photos hub

By renaming, is it okay to name it whatever we want?

b_ella, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Error 0x8007042E

Okay so I don't have a Comms folder in C:/users/<your username>/AppData/Local/Apps but I do in C:/users/<your username>/AppData/Local so I tried renaming that (from another account as it was locked while logged in as me), did it work ? - NO :-(

Russell Rhodes, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

The name may well pop up as setting will be for old name

Samuria, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Okay to rename user accounts? - Similar Threads - Okay rename user

2. Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  3. Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having 2 accounts in Users folder after attempting to rename user.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  4. Renaming User

Renaming User: I want to rename the 'maanv' folder but when I select it the rename option is not there. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-user/bbacc48a-dba1-4e2c-bb73-a793f6e789ab
  5. Account renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account renamed: Hi, We have an issue where domain userADD Synced account was renamed. We deleted the user profile on Windows 10 from an admin account. After the user logged in again with his username it created a new profile with the new username but under Settings > Account > Your Info it...
  6. Renamed User account, now want to rename its folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renamed User account, now want to rename its folder: I renamed a User account by using netplwiz. It was all good - the user can easily login and see all his files. Now I need to rename C:\User\<name> folder accordingly, but it does not work. The user cannot see his files upon logging in. I believe that there must be...
  7. Rename the user account

Rename the user account: I have several PC's with my user name under C:\users\ being correct. But on one machine it is not correct and I would like to change it. I am not able to find out how to do that....
  8. Rename/change User account in File Explorer

Rename/change User account in File Explorer: [img] This is what my file explorer looks like. The only user account in the control panel is TimB. I want to get rid of or rename the defaultuser1.ASUS5 account and the trgra account. I've read various account of how to fix this, but none of them exactly fit my situation....
  9. Renaming User Accounts and their folders

Renaming User Accounts and their folders: In a short while I will be purchasing a Windows 10 PC, but I am not sure if I'll be able to tell them I want to install Win10 myself or if they'll do it for me. The point is, all the software I've collected, executables and all, is stored in my present Windows 7 folder:...
  10. Is it okay to rename macrium backup files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it okay to rename macrium backup files: I have renamed a macrium from its long chain of letters and numbers to simply D backup 010417. I read in another posting here that macrium sometimes will not restore a backup file that has been renamed. I'm trying to determine if this is in fact true. Has anyone found...