Windows 10: OKI C710 color printer unable to print default in black

Discus and support OKI C710 color printer unable to print default in black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi guys, the printer on my compuer is a Lexmark E360dn, but the printer on the second computer is the OKI C710. I cannot enter preferences to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeffrys, Oct 31, 2014.

1. jeffrys Win User

OKI C710 color printer unable to print default in black

hi guys,

the printer on my compuer is a Lexmark E360dn, but the printer on the second computer is the OKI C710.

I cannot enter preferences to force the colour printer to print in black.

Is there any way to alter the printer preferences to change this. Sure it can be done in the document itself, but who wants to do that every time.

3 on the 4 computers can print in black but they all work in Windows 8.1

Thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 31, 2014

2. Photos printer preferences missing

Same issue here and it's a feature that is truly lacking. We are unable to print in color with the Photos app since black and white is set as default and a user has to change to color in the printer properties.

HeyTechGuy, Oct 31, 2014
  3. Microsoft Photos color mode issue

In Windows 10, Microsoft Photos is our default photo viewer. We have a black/white printer and a color one. The black/white one is the default (has to be).

However, when we try to print a photo, we switch from the black/white printer to the color one. Unfortunately, every time we do, the color mode always defaults to the monochrome color mode. It can be switched to color, but must be done every time. This causes
    accidental printing in monochrome frequently.

Windows printer settings are set to color (printing preferences, device settings -- everywhere you can set the option in the driver). It does not do this in Word, Chrome, IE, etc. Only Photos. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help. Tried switching drivers
    settings back and forth. Happens every single time. Only with Photos.

Any ideas?

MountainViking303, Oct 31, 2014
  4. 2XG
    2xg Win User

Hello,

I'd experiment a different driver for Windows 10, a universal one might work. Find out if there's an optional driver's update for the printer in question.

5. Wynona Win User
    Have you been able to default to black print from the OKI on another system and/or another OS?

Although I have several printers, I have a networked laser monotone network printer that I can use with any of my computers for black printing.

Wynona, Nov 11, 2014
  6. jeffrys Win User
    yes Wynona,

no problem with Win 8.0 or 8.1

only with Win 10 T.P.

Jeff

jeffrys, Nov 12, 2014
  7. Wynona Win User
    Then I'd guess it's a lack of a Windows 10 driver. And that and a buck 25 will get you a cup of coffee.

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OKI C710 color printer unable to print default in black - Similar Threads - OKI C710 color

2. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  3. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  4. printer not printing colored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not printing colored: I just purchased a new printer HP officejet 3830 won't print color. I don't know why and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-colored/e8b890c2-3a18-41b9-aa02-ac0320f08e3e
  5. printer not printing colored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer not printing colored: I just purchased a new printer HP officejet 3830 won't print color. I don't know why and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-colored/e8b890c2-3a18-41b9-aa02-ac0320f08e3e
  6. Printer will not print color

Printer will not print color: I have a refurbished HP desktop and an old HP printer that until three hours ago, worked fine. Suddenly, the printer prints, but only in black and white. I've cleaned cartridges and taken the desktop and printer apart and put it all back together. Troubleshooting says...
  7. printer not printing in color

printer not printing in color: I have HP laptop & HP Printer series Deskjet 2650, I'm running Windows 10. The printer is not printing in color a monthly schedule I am printing from a website. I apply color in printer settings and it only prints B&W. I want to be able to print color....
  8. Printer not printing in color

Printer not printing in color: HP Office jet - will not print in color, has full cartridges. removed and reinstalled - not fixed All of the office files are not printing in color. By the way - it will print in color from an iPad. I think it is a Windows issue- HELP...
  9. Printer not printing color!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer not printing color!: I have an unusual problem? When I print from any App on the HP Pavilion 550-275na it prints in grey scale. If I go to the HP Smart app and do a quality check printout it prints in color? I have also printed from my phone an that prints color OK. I also printed from my iPad...
  10. Printer Won't print black, but prints color

Printer Won't print black, but prints color: I reinstalled my printer HP Envy 4520. It prints, but the black ink isn't working. I checked the cartridge and it is full. Test papers print, but nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oki printer not printing in color from chrome

2. OKI C710 wont print in color