Windows 10: old 32-bit installer no longer works on Windows 10 since recent update

Discus and support old 32-bit installer no longer works on Windows 10 since recent update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have some 32bit software that I installed on Windows 10 a few months ago. For some reason I needed to reinstall that software, but now the 32 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bansaw, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Bansaw Win User

old 32-bit installer no longer works on Windows 10 since recent update

I have some 32bit software that I installed on Windows 10 a few months ago.
    For some reason I needed to reinstall that software, but now the 32 bit installer crashes.
    Has a recent update knocked something off?

(I have tried running it as admin, compatibility mode etc. Not working.)

:)

Bansaw, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Old Windows 7 games no longer works after recent Windows 10 anniversary update

Hi,

There are two methods that we can try to resolve this issue. Please follow the steps below:

Method #1

You may try to uninstall then install the games again. Here’s how:

• Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs.
    • Open Programs and Features.
    • Select the game you want to uninstall then click Uninstall.

If this method did not resolve the issue, you may try the second method.

Method #2

• Right-click the game icon and select Properties.
    • Click Compatibility tab.
    • Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3). You may also choose
      Windows 7 option if Windows XP does not work.
    • Make sure to check the box run this as an administrator.
    • Select Apply and OK.
    • Try to launch the game now.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Old Windows 7 games no longer works after recent Windows 10 anniversary update

When I upgraded my computer from Win7 to Win8, I lost all the old Microsoft games which I like. I was glad that I found a way to run those programs. Since then, I had upgraded my computer to Win8.1 and Win10 PRO and I had no problems until the latest upgrade
    to Win10 Version 10.0.14090 Build 14393. Now, the game programs would not launch.

Any ideas???

PieBerryBlue, Jan 15, 2018
  4. old 32-bit installer no longer works on Windows 10 since recent update

Hi Bansaw

Saw your comment "for some reason I needed to re-install"

I have no proof but I'm going to suggest that maybe the original is still installed in some capacity. I would look at manufacture's site for a removal tool and then re-run installer.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Bansaw Win User
    Thanks. I have a portable uninstaller I used after the Windows uninstall. It removed all the relevant registry entries etc. So it did get cleaned properly.

Bansaw, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    What's the software? It might also help to know why you needed to reinstall, in case the same 'some reason' may be interfering with the installer.

7. Do you have any third-party antivirus program other than windows defender installed that could be interfering with the installer? Try disabling it temporarily and/or uninstall the third-party antivirus and rerun the installer to see if it goes through.

titetanium, Jan 16, 2018
  8. Bansaw Win User

I installed it in safe mode, it worked that way.

Bansaw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. old 32-bit installer no longer works on Windows 10 since recent update - Similar Threads - old bit installer

2. 32 bit for old Notebook?

in Windows 10 Support
    32 bit for old Notebook?: i did a fresh install of W10 21H1 (build 19043.928) on a Satellite C45-ASP4310FL and the system gets frozen or hangs up while working and i dont know what causes it, i ran Memory and HDD tests and they seem ok. Is 32 bit W10 version more suitable for this computer? I will...
  3. Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update: The internal speakers are working and bluetooth headphones work, but wired headphones plugged into the audio jack stopped working about a week ago. The laptop doesn't recognize anything when they are plugged in or unplugged.I have run the audio troubleshooter, but this seems...
  4. Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work: I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bit in my PC right now. I have the needed specifications needed to upgrade to 64 bit. Can I upgrade to 64 bit and can I still use my old programs like Photoshop and Illustrator? I'm an Inker for comics and trying to upgrade my studio....
  5. Old 32 bit game discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old 32 bit game discs: I have been searching for months for a solution to run my old 32-bit game discs or Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. My old Scrabble disc still downloads and runs in my Windows 10. I don't know more than a get by knowledge of computers. Is it possible for microsoft to...
  6. Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old 32-bit Skype installed by accident.: Due to some major hard drive issues I had to factory reset my laptop about two weeks ago. Not realizing Skype comes installed on Windows 10, I installed a 32-bit version of Skype. These files are causing Skype to use a ton of my memory (1.3GB or more at times, even more than...
  7. Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.

Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.: I have a Windows 10 Home USB Stick that I am using to install the 32 bit version onto my old 32 bit Dell but when the installation completes it gives an error 0xc000035a - with a message 'Windows failed to start... This 64 bit application could'nt load because your PC...
  8. Installing windows 10 32 bit

Installing windows 10 32 bit: I,m running out of storage on my 4G memory 32G eMMC computer and was told I need to install 32 bit windows 10 by downloading a Media Creation Tool to a bootable usb flash drive using another computer. The link for the down load was microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo......
  9. Installation of Windows 10 32-bit

Installation of Windows 10 32-bit: installing a windows 10 64 bit OS is fine on my windows 10 computer, when i try installing a 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine, i always get this error when i try to install windows 10 32 bit OS on 64 bit machine using usb or cd,............. File:...
  10. Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old 32 bit software in Windows 10 64 bit: I have a new home pc with pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit. My 5 year old daughter has some old children games that she loves to play. But, many of them refuse to install in Windows 10 with an error message saying they are 32 bit apps which cannot run on this pc and I should...