Windows 10: Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC

Discus and support Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi *Smile I used this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option5 I made a new user on my PC and deleted the old one using the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tomken, Dec 25, 2016.

1. tomken Win User

Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC

Hi *Smile

I used this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option5

I made a new user on my PC and deleted the old one using the administrator user. I've also disable that I need to login using my password.
    The problem now is that the old user shows up when I start my PC (if I lock/hibernate my pc, it won't show up).
    When I search in cmd for "net users" only administrator and my new account shows up..

Hope anyone can help me with this issue..

:)

tomken, Dec 25, 2016
  2. Trilergy Win User

Old User Account Still Showing Up

Was there aver a response to this? It clearly says there is no user in the settings yet the response given is the same...delete the user.

I have the same issue and would a resolution

Trilergy, Dec 25, 2016
  3. Old User Account Still Showing Up

There was never any further responses to the issue. I ended up doing a "Reset" - that fixed it.

Steve Woolley Sr, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  5. tomken Win User
    tomken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC

1. Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC - Similar Threads - Old deleted user

2. Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen: I have deleted a user in Windows 10, but when the login screen appears, this user still is coming up first. I have removed the user using the accounts in settings, deleted all the files within the folder directory and tried to use the netplwiz tool from the run command, but...
  3. Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen: I have deleted a user in Windows 10, but when the login screen appears, this user still is coming up first. I have removed the user using the accounts in settings, deleted all the files within the folder directory and tried to use the netplwiz tool from the run command, but...
  4. Deleted a user, but still shows user on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleted User Still Showing on Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted User Still Showing on Login: This is incredibly annoying. I have searched endlessly for a way to fix this problem but nothing seems to work. I purchased a PC with windows 10 pre installed. It had one user Account named 'User' I created a new users account with my Microsoft account. I decided to...
  6. Deleted PC User Account Still Shows Up On Lock Screen Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deleted PC User Account Still Shows Up On Lock Screen Sign In: I made a local account for my little sister. She no longer uses the account so I deleted it. However, it still shows up on the lock screen for my laptop. I saw a forum post similar to this, and rhere was an answer, but when I went to the Computer Management like the first...
  7. DELETE OLD APPS ON START UP

in Windows 10 Customization
    DELETE OLD APPS ON START UP: CLEAR OLD APPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-old-apps-on-start-up/d990704b-3ed6-4ffc-9b5d-ac188a703638
  8. Deleted User Still Showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  9. Deleted User Still Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  10. Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it: I want to sysprep a computer before giving it as a gift. I want this since I want it to keep all the drivers already installed and everything. However, when I sysprep it using Administrator account and delette the "User" account, when I boot to OOBE, it doesn't ask me to...