Windows 10: Old desk top icons

Discus and support Old desk top icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a complete Windows 10 reset on my desktop pc. It left the old icons still showing on it. When I right-click on the icons to delete them it acts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slowboy, Aug 29, 2018.

1. slowboy Win User

Old desk top icons

I did a complete Windows 10 reset on my desktop pc. It left the old icons still showing on it. When I right-click on the icons to delete them it acts as if it doesn't see the icons and goes to the drop down menu for 'view, sort by, refresh, new, display settings, personalize'.

I've reset a couple times but icons are still there.

Anyone know what to do to fix this please?

Thanks,

Keith

:)

slowboy, Aug 29, 2018
  2. StanOsborne Win User

Desk top Icons

After the last update I noticed that my desk top icons changed locations. I've tried all the suggested fixes and rearranged them three times but every time I boot up, the icons have changed locations . I went as far as to have Geek Squad try to fix the
    problem. They tried for an hour and suggested that I contact you. Went do you plan to issue a fix for this bug???

StanOsborne, Aug 29, 2018
  3. NATARAJANPALANISAMY Win User
    desk top icon

How to bring /set My Documents Icon on desk top?

NATARAJANPALANISAMY, Aug 29, 2018
  4. AVONEK Win User

Old desk top icons

DESK TOP ICONS

HOW TO KEEP DESK TOP ICONS FROM REALIGNING TO GRID WHEN WINDOWS 10 RESTARTS

AVONEK, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Old desk top icons

1. Old desk top icons - Similar Threads - Old desk top

2. Desk top icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desk top icons: I have lost my desktop icons. How do I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desk-top-icons/f614568e-9124-4013-be02-88d31ea0c735
  3. how do I save a document on the desk top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I save a document on the desk top?: My computers do not seem to recognize this document to be saved. It appears everything is only being excepted to the cloud....
  4. Password changed but not working on desk top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password changed but not working on desk top: I changed my password and it was updated successfully but it's still not working when I try to sign in on my lap computer. I just bought a new printer and all I want to do was just headed up and I can't even sign into my computer....
  5. I have 2 desk top inst on my lap top I think this is slowing down my lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 desk top inst on my lap top I think this is slowing down my lap top: I have two desk top inst on my lap top. I think it is messing with my lap tops ability and efficiency https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/i-have-2-desk-top-inst-on-my-lap-top-i-think-this/cfda97ba-dd14-4083-adb2-10100f32eb40
  6. Desk Top Short Cut Icons keep changing

Desk Top Short Cut Icons keep changing: I am running Windows 10 home 1803 build 17134.191 Why do my desk top icons keep changing to generic 'e' symbol rather than the correct symbol representing that web site selected. ie: Pay Pal 'PP' changes to 'e'. John...
  7. Creating Desk Top

Creating Desk Top: An error window opened when creating the desk top short cut: "windows couldn't create the short cut, check to see whether the disk is full". The disk isn't full. what should I do. Anything wrong with the lap top?...
  8. remove the top OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    remove the top OneDrive icon: Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation...
  9. Wi Fi Missing on Desk Top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi Fi Missing on Desk Top: I have a netgear combination router/modem. It has worked fine. I have now upgraded to Windows 10. I use Ethernet to connect my two desktop computers. My problem is I do not have wi fi on my desk tops. I want to use wireless printers but cannot get wi fi. I have gone to...
  10. Icon at top left of desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon at top left of desktop: [img] This icon used to be in the form of a folder, but I deleted it and it's come back as a piece of paper. I haven't a clue as to what it's for, because when I click on it, nothing happens. Anyone else getting this? 4048