Windows 10: Old Graphics card too hot?

Discus and support Old Graphics card too hot? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an old 512Mb Nvidia Geforce 8600GT running at 50 degrees C, pages are slow to load on internet with 60-85Mb broadband speed, is 50 C too hot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by peter4076, Jan 3, 2017.

1. peter4076 Win User

Old Graphics card too hot?

I have an old 512Mb Nvidia Geforce 8600GT running at 50 degrees C, pages are slow to load on internet with 60-85Mb broadband speed, is 50 C too hot? Your thoughts as always most appreciated.

:)

peter4076, Jan 3, 2017

2. Problem fix Driver GeForce Go 6150 into Windows 10

Your graphics card was entry-level back in 2004. The computer is simply too old to run Windows 10..

Mike Hall... always, Jan 3, 2017
  3. windows 10 will not let me play my old games

this windows 10 is not as good as windows 7 i have had too replace my graphics card to make it work now will not allow me too play my old games any idea's?

nicksli8ckers, Jan 3, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

50 C doesn't strike me as scary hot, or even extremely hot. GPUs tend to run warm anyway, and I'd rate 50 as warm rather than hot. That said, my GeForce 750Ti is currently running at 26 C, which is about half of your recorded temp. Have you tried taking the side panel off your case and turning a box fan on the computer's innards while it's running? This should cool things substantially, and you'll quickly be able to note if cooling things down improves performance.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    50°C is no problem, perfectly normal. You should only worry if it reaches 90°C.
    Assuming your specs are listed correctly, at least 8 GB of RAM would help in the general running of Applications.

I would check for Malware, clear Web Browser caches, and stuff running in the background, scan HDD drive etc which are standard maintenance tasks.

Helmut, Jan 6, 2017
  6. Also don't forget to defrag your hard drive every at least a month.

RoasterMen, Jan 6, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Huh, why ? What's the connection with those problems with disk fragmentation ?

CountMike, Jan 7, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

The state of your hard drive has no baring on graphics cards at all. My 1070 is currently running at 54c and thats the way its designed to run.

@peter4076 if you'd like a cheap upgrade for your graphics card, I have a spare 560 I can sell you cheap.

swarfega, Jan 7, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    I remember having same card, silent version, it was getting red hot in games so I stuck a 60mm fan on it to cool it down.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Old Graphics card too hot? - Similar Threads - Old Graphics card

2. Update newest drivers for old graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update newest drivers for old graphics card: Hi, i was just wondering if there's a way, to update new drivers for my old graphic card. I'm currently using an old AMD Radeon HD 6900, and i can't find any new drivers online, i looked everywhere. I installed the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center version, which is from...
  3. Best $80 graphics card for 1080p in old system

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best $80 graphics card for 1080p in old system: I have an AMD A10-5800K with 16 gb ram and want to run games at 1080p 60fps.The computer is at least 5 years old and don't want to waste my money on a graphics card that is going to get choked down by the processor.I am wanting to buy a used card and was looking on ebay.Also...
  4. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  5. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  6. old graphics card not working with windows 10

old graphics card not working with windows 10: i have a pc with nvidia quadro fx 1500 graphics card....after installing windows 10 on my system the device manager is not showing any graphics card installed.And a i'm also unable to find any driver for this graphics card with windows 10 64 bit compatibility.....what should...
  7. Old graphics card, new driver

Old graphics card, new driver: Before,I was using nvidia quadro 600 and I am trying to upgrade to nvidia gts 450 i have tried restarting multiple times, reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work the following error comes up: Page unpaged area It also tells me to tell the microsoft support this :...
  8. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  9. CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?

CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?: Hi there running a fairly heavy but not unduly load the CPU seems to be running at about 75 deg C peak -- Avg about 61 deg C. Is this likely to cause trouble over prolonged periods. I know that these devices can run extremely hot but I don't want to break it if adding...
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...