Windows 10: Old Homegroup won't go away

Discus and support Old Homegroup won't go away in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a homegroup that Win 10 insists is still present waiting to be joined, but it's my father's PC's homegroup on a network in a different city that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fogyreef, Jun 22, 2016.

1. fogyreef Win User

Old Homegroup won't go away

I have a homegroup that Win 10 insists is still present waiting to be joined, but it's my father's PC's homegroup on a network in a different city that my pc has never visited. (Teamviewer perhaps?) I've tried disabling the peer and homegroup services, but can't make it go away. I'm not connected to it, so I don't need to leave it, I need my pc to not see it any more as it comes up as the default homegroup to join.

:)

fogyreef, Jun 22, 2016

2. Ghost homegroup can't be deleted

I have now managed to create a new homegroup on PC1 and join PC2 to it, but PC1 still nags me about the old homegroup, which won't go away.

Majikthyse, Jun 22, 2016
  3. Is homegroup going away in 2018?

I heard somewhere that Homegroup will be eliminated in future builds after January 2018. Is this a fact?

TerryBreen1, Jun 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Teredo Tunnel is part of the problem. See if the following helps you out in any way. This is about the best I could find. You are welcome to search further if the below does not work out.

Fix issues with the homegroup in Windows 10
    Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder
    Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
    Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
    Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
    Turn off your computers.
    Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
    This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.
    Solution 2 – Enable Peer network grouping services
    Sometimes it can happen that services needed for Homegroup to work are disabled for some reason, but there’s a way to enable them.

In the Search bar type services.msc and search the list for peer network grouping, peer network identity manager, homegroup listener and homegroup provider.

If those services are disabled or set to manual set them to auto and leave your Homegroup.
    Create new Homegroup and see if it works.
    We have to mention that you might have to do this for all the computers in your network.

Solution 3 – Allow Full Control to MachineKeys and PeerNetworking folders
    Find:
    C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
    And then find:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking
    Right click each folder and choose Properties.
    Go to Security tab.
    You’ll see group of users, click on a group, and press Edit.
    From the list of options, click Full Control.
    Repeat the process for all that you wish to have access to your Homegroup.
    We have to mention that you might have to do this for all of your computers in a network.

bro67, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Old Homegroup won't go away - Similar Threads - Old Homegroup won't

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  6. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  7. BIOS won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS won't go away: Hey all! So I was using my computer like normal, editing some photos in Lightroom on Sunday. Then out of nowhere it shut down and went to what I found out was the American Megatrends BIOS screen. From here I just tried to exit but it didn't work. I tried restarting and...
  8. PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away: So since about last september I've been getting constant BSODS and they're mostly the same: PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Netwtw06.sys I have Win 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. Here's everything I've done: 1. Update all my drivers 2/3. Ran a cfc and chkdsk scans I dont remember...
  9. Remix won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remix won't go away: I've created Albums and every time I want to view them, I get the Remix it for me box. I've tried making changes, saving to OneDrive, - that Remix box keeps coming back... (WIn 10 up to date)...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...