Windows 10: Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks

Discus and support Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several years ago, I had a router to connect my computer to my home network, orignally on Windows 7. Since then my ISP provider has given me a router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenward42, Sep 24, 2017.

1. kenward42 Win User

Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks

Several years ago, I had a router to connect my computer to my home network, orignally on Windows 7. Since then my ISP provider has given me a router modem combination, which I now use on Windows 10. So, I disconnected my router and disposed of it. However my old connection still appears on my list of available connections. How can I delete this?

:)

kenward42, Sep 24, 2017

2. Wifi Speed Problems

My router has both 2g and 5g capabilities. I'm trying to connect to the router using 5g but when I look at available networks the 5g network isn't in the list. I tried to connect to the router from my TV with 5g and it worked great. Why isn't the 5g network
    showing up on my PC (Dell Inspiron Laptop -2 years old) wifi availability list?

Jean-Paul_151, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Duginov Win User
    Cannot connect to secure WiFi router

I tried several different options with my router, from WEP to WPA2 Personal.

My HTC Surround cannot connect with ANY security schema. I ended up with plugging in another old router and adding my phone's MAC to the list of allowed devices. After that the phone was able to connect to "open" wifi network.

Regards, Dmitry

Duginov, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks

Hi kenward42

If wireless head to Start => Settings => Network and Internet => Wifi. On right, click on manage known networks. Click on Network, click on forget.

I should imagine the process is same for Ethernet although the one device I have wired has only one network. You could right click on network icon in systray (Notification area), Open Network and Sharing, Change Adapter Settings, then right click on network you want to delete.

If all else fails you could do a Network Reset in Windows. You will Forget wireless passwords and you may need to set up special communication programs like VPN's if you use.

Caledon Ken, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks

1. Old inoperable router connection listed on my list of networks - Similar Threads - Old inoperable router

2. Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?: As this image shows, my Linksys router has created an extra "computer" on my network that carries my network's name. Ideally, the list should only show the three computers I have on the network. I know the extra computer is my router, but it serves no purpose being there....
  3. Network list of neighbors routers

Network list of neighbors routers: In the lower right corner of the screen when I click network settings, there is a list of wi-fi's from my neighbor's around me. Can I delete this list or hide it?...
  4. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  5. Can’t connect to this network and list of networks disappeared.

Can’t connect to this network and list of networks disappeared.: My gaming laptop was currently overheating when I play games so I decided to repaste it. After repasting, I was able to connect to the internert and everything was fine. After a few hours, the internet started showing some problems, I tried to restart the laptop but it...
  6. Update now no networks in my list to connect

Update now no networks in my list to connect: These updates messing up my laptop are really a drag. I have seriously lost money because of this and I need to connect to the internet to wireless in the worst way. I have tried through the sharing center and through command prompt and they still dont show up. I need some...
  7. Missing Network lists.

Missing Network lists.: About 1 - 2 weeks ago my 2x PC's and 2x Laptops (all on windows 10) suddenly lost the ability to display available network lists. I have looked through numerous threads on the subject, and tried most of the suggested work arounds without success. I have made no software or...
  8. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Access point not listed on wireless network connection: Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range. I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop...
  9. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Access point not listed on wireless network connection: Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range. I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop...
  10. My PC is not listed in Network

My PC is not listed in Network: I have 3 computers in my home network. All computers have been working fine together for a long time sharing folders. All computers are connected to my Technicolor router and all have dynamic IP. Last week i got problems with my PC named "HT-PC". The other 2 computer in...