Windows 10: Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

Discus and support Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CindyShively, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new account that the old one was going to either be deleted or would be merged with me new account. But Microsoft continues to ask me to log into the old account! HELP!

:)

CindyShively, Jul 7, 2018

2. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 7, 2018
  3. zsolt_93 Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

You could create a secondary account that is Microsoft account and leave the current one as it is. And it should only sync the Microsoft acc. eneabled user and you can still have your old things as they always were, in case you question MS security and what they might collect about you.

zsolt_93, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

Mindweaver, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

1. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account - Similar Threads - Old microsoft account

2. Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account signing using old account info and not the new account.: When I sign into my laptop it only prompts me for my Microsoft account information and it has my very old account information. And that account has been disable. I want to use my new account information however it won’t allow me to enter that new account. It’s stuck in a...
  3. Confusion on Local Account vs Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confusion on Local Account vs Microsoft Account: I have some serious confusion over what is a local account vs a Windows account while working on my wife's computer. I know my Hotmail account and Windows account share the same password and as far as we can determine, hers should too. However, that doesn't seem to be true...
  4. Microsoft vs Local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft vs Local account: What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Microsoft account instead of a local account to log into Windows10? Is it any safer to set separate administrator and standard user accounts and primarily use the standard account? submitted by /u/Bordercrossingfool...
  5. New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account: Hi All, I am buying a new laptop and would like to log into my current Microsoft account on it, so I can get my games back for free. I also have a lot of things on my current PC and I do not want that on my new one. If I log into to my Microsoft account will all of...
  6. New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Laptop, Old Microsoft Account: Hi All, I am buying a new laptop and would like to log into my current Microsoft account on it, so I can get my games back for free. I also have a lot of things on my current PC and I do not want that on my new one. If I log into to my Microsoft account will all of...
  7. Old Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Microsoft account: I am facing trouble while logging to Microsoft account. I am using my correct credentials. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-microsoft-account/2b4e983d-40ff-438a-81f8-2a4ca9a896b6
  8. OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro on my desktop computer and 2 laptops. All 3 are using a local account. I also use onedrive and sync across all three devices. All 3 devices have the same login name and same passeord. Basically no matter which machine i use, everthing is as close as i...
  9. Microsoft Vs Local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Vs Local account: I have seen a lot of emails about changing a Microsoft account into a local account. I am trying to complete the reverse i.e. Changing a local to a Microsoft one. Here is where I am is. - PC is named Den - I have a local account on the PC user Neil Humphreys - On the...
  10. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account: Primary user here on this computer...if I set up PC as a Local Account do I need a password? I use Outlook as my mail server. Will I have to enter my Microsoft Account password to use Outlook if I initially set up PC as a local account. Basically I want to boot up not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old new microsoft account open