Windows 10: old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

Discus and support old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've got an old Microsoft optical wheel mouse which I like very much, but it's middle-click function doesn't work right, apparently. I've got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tisker, May 24, 2017.

1. Tisker Win User

old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

Hello,
    I've got an old Microsoft optical wheel mouse which I like very much, but it's middle-click function doesn't work right, apparently. I've got a program called "Ninjatrader 8" which trades the stock market (futures market, technically) and this software requires a certain type of action where you place a trade by holding down the ctrl key and tapping the middle mouse button. For some reason, my mouse won't do what's required. The scroll wheel (what functions as a middle mouse button) will indeed click, meaning it goes up and down, but it apparently doesn't do the required action in the program I'm running. What I'm wondering, and hoping someone here can help me with, is to figure out how to configure this mouse so it will do what's required. I've downloaded Microsoft's "mouse and keyboard center 2.8" and when I run it, it says, "No supported device detected." Rats. Am I just out of luck, or is there something else I can try to get this mouse to activate it's middle-click? Not sure this'll help, but on the back of the mouse it says, P/N X802382. I assume that's the part number?
    Thanks,

:)

Tisker, May 24, 2017

2. I want to disable mouse middle button click

I am using Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse (km632). from last few days my mouse start doing issue while page up scrolling. and clicking middle button. due to this text front goes bigger. I want to use mouse scrolling but disable middle button clicking
    option. I am using windows 10 and I cannot see any option to disable mouse middle button. Can you please help me in this matter.

Reply2haroon, May 24, 2017
  3. GregAndo Win User
    Windows 10, Taskbar freezing frequently

Okay, I had very similar issues to this and after much investigation it turned out to be a bad mouse - specifically a bad mouse button on the middle button/scroll wheel.

Symptoms for me were:

- Inability to click in the taskbar/start menu/notification area

- Most applications would not respond except the one I was using at the time

- Chrome tabs would close themselves when clicking on them (holding middle click and left clicking a tab is a shortcut to close tabs)

Using keyboard shortcuts would work perfectly (alt-tab, windows key for start menu (but clicking in the start menu would obviously not work))

Turns out Windows would assume the middle mouse button was stuck down when it may or may not be. Even unplugging the mouse in this mode is not a solution - Windows still thinks the button is down.

If you don't have another mouse to try, clicking the middle mouse button when the issue occurs might let Windows know the middle mouse button is released. Microsoft should consider a way to detect this and alert the user! Say after the middle mouse button
    has been down for an excessive period. Bit of of a tough one...

GregAndo, May 24, 2017
  4. old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

Caledon Ken, May 25, 2017
Thema:

old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

1. old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem - Similar Threads - old Microsoft mouse

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My middle mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My middle mouse button problem: So there is a issue in windows i guess when i press right left click my middle mouse button gets clicked with them which i don't even touch so for now i got an alternate update and i disabled the middle mouse button and now the bug is gone but i can't use middle mouse button...
  6. My middle mouse button problem

My middle mouse button problem: So there is a issue in windows i guess when i press right left click my middle mouse button gets clicked with them which i don't even touch so for now i got an alternate update and i disabled the middle mouse button and now the bug is gone but i can't use middle mouse button...
  7. My middle mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse middle button problem

Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse middle button problem: i'm bought Microsoft RJN-00031 Bluetooth Mouse but while i'm using it middle button suddenly stops working after i open Microsoft mouse and keyboard center it comes back its so annoying i have to do that every time this happens because i literally changed my old mouse because...
  10. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...