Windows 10: Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

Discus and support Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I can see my old monitor in "Other Devices" but is not listed in Device Manager, why is that? Do I still need its driver? Thanks [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by camelia, Aug 27, 2018.

1. camelia Win User

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

Hello,

I can see my old monitor in "Other Devices" but is not listed in Device Manager, why is that?
    Do I still need its driver?

Thanks

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager? [​IMG]

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Aug 27, 2018

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager? What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager?

1. Old monitor in "Other Devices" but not in Device Manager? - Similar Threads - Old monitor Devices

2. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  3. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  4. Other device in device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  6. Other devices in device manager without drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other devices in device manager without drivers: I had previously installed a USB-C video display adapter and have since moved onto a larger docking station to meet my needs. When I stalled the USB-C video display adapter, there are three "devices" that are located in the "other devices" folder in my computer's device...
  7. Missing "other devices" tab in device manager.

Missing "other devices" tab in device manager.: Hey, I was just trying to check that my device was connected by checking in the device manager, however there is no "other devices" tab where it is shown on other computers. Any solutions please?...
  8. restoring other devices to device manager tab

restoring other devices to device manager tab: I accidentally removed an unknown device from device manager. now other devices is gone. How do I get it back? In other words how do I get other devices tab back inbetween network adaptors and portable devices in the device manager tab so I can instal the drivers in the...
  9. No "Other devices" in device manager?

No "Other devices" in device manager?: I´m having trouble with a game controller: ASTRO C40. To get it working I got adviced to locate a driver in "Other devices" and update it. But there is no "Other devices" on my PC. In fact "ASTRO C40" is nowhere to be found at all. What to do? [ATTACH]...
  10. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...