Windows 10: Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

Discus and support Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So I had this laptop that I bought 5 years ago (Created my forum account on it. Really brings back memories lol!). I don't exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Midou35000, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

Hello,

So I had this laptop that I bought 5 years ago (Created my forum account on it. Really brings back memories lol!).

I don't exactly remember when but it was on windows 8.1 but I upgraded it to windows 10 back then when it was released. This laptop is like my grandparent's old TV that we threw in the basement for really really long (Still works though), I only use it for virtual machines (very rarely). So the hard disk failed one day and I had to find someone to fix it ( I was in Dubai U.A.E for a couple of months for my study exchange) I sent it to a repair service and they returned it fully formatted and with windows 8.1 professional so I'm wondering if it's cracked or not and if I can upgrade to windows 10 or not.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Midou35000, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Dimsdale Win User

Windows 10 crashing on Lenovo Ideapad Y510p

Lenovo refuses to support the y510p with updated drivers, even for this premium laptop. My 8 year old HP Pavilion upgraded beautifully.

Dimsdale, Jan 24, 2018
  3. wkrimes Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 pro from old laptop to new laptop

Well the old laptop had Windows 8 pro then Windows 8.1 pro, and now 10 pro, I want to transfer my Windows 10 pro from my old laptop to this new laptop, so whats my luck on being able to do that??

wkrimes, Jan 24, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

If this was a laptop from one of the Large OEM suppliers then it likely had a Recover to factory condition option built in and a Windows 8 Key "baked" into the TPM (security Module).
    If this is the case then the repairers should have used the recovery system for the restore, or, if this was no longer possible used a retail install media which would have seen and used the in-built key. both of these options wold mean that the install is legit and legal.
    If this was a laptop from a small supplier the it may be more likely that the key / system may be cracked.

As you have already installed and activated a copy of Windows 10 on this hardware then there should be a digital licence for it held on Microsoft's servers and if you do a new install or upgrade, not adding a key, it should pick up the previous information and activate for you - any problems should be solvable by a call to a Microsoft Tech on the Number you will be given if the automatic option fails - just explain what happened, after all I cannot see anything you did wrong *Smile

Barman58, Jan 24, 2018
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?)

1. Old Pavilion Laptop Restored To Windows 8 Pro (Cracked?) - Similar Threads - Old Pavilion Laptop

2. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  3. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  4. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to reinstall the old windows 8 which came with the laptop from a cracked windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reinstall the old windows 8 which came with the laptop from a cracked windows 10pro: please help me with this as I am not able to reinstall my old windows 8 because it was shutdown by microsoft after windows 8.1 and I don't have my product key of old window as well...
  6. How to reinstall the old windows 8 which came with the laptop from a cracked windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall the old windows 8 which came with the laptop from a cracked windows 10pro: please help me with this as I am not able to reinstall my old windows 8 because it was shutdown by microsoft after windows 8.1 and I don't have my product key of old window as well...
  7. How to reinstall the old windows 8 which came with the laptop from a cracked windows 10pro

8. Unistall window 11 pro cracked

Unistall window 11 pro cracked: Hi, when I bought a laptop it was window 11 the seller advertised to me window 11 pro but I didn't know that it was cracked, and I found out that my window couldn't update or reset, also It always notified me about my window being out of date, last but not least my RTX 3050...
  9. Unistall window 11 pro cracked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unistall window 11 pro cracked: Hi, when I bought a laptop it was window 11 the seller advertised to me window 11 pro but I didn't know that it was cracked, and I found out that my window couldn't update or reset, also It always notified me about my window being out of date, last but not least my RTX 3050...
  10. Unistall window 11 pro cracked

in Windows 10 Gaming