Windows 10: Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

Discus and support Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasonwind2341, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

Hey guys, so every time I've been restarting my computer for the last few months after updating to windows 10, there is an old HP Printer driver that has been trying to update. However, it has never done so successfully and it adds an extra 10-15 minutes to my restart time because it fails to update and tries it three or four times in a row.

I just want to uninstall it so I don't get these annoying and useless updates. I have uninstalled all the programs relating to the printer from the control panel. But the driver shows up as "unknown device" which means I can't uninstall it.

How do I get rid of the "unknown devices"?? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

:)

jasonwind2341, Oct 2, 2016

2. uninstall old printer drivers

Could you post a screenshot of the window containing those devices? Be careful not delete like the Microsoft Print to PDF printer.

You can try booting into Safe Mode then try deleting from there.

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Startup Settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2016
  3. uninstall old printer drivers

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Press Windows key + X, click Apps & Features or Programs and Features

Select your printer.

Select Uninstall.

Press Windows key + R, type control, hit Enter

Open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

What is the full model number?

Have you tried downloading the latest available driver and installing it? If that works then you should be able to uninstall it.

Ztruker, Oct 2, 2016
  5. Hi have you tried via Ccleaner
    Go to Tools
    Then Uninstaller
    Let it load and see if it appears in there if it does just high light it
    Then click uninstall and I have found myself stubborn drivers can be removed that way
    Let us know how you get on,
    Also how did you remove the printer from the system, did you remove all traces of it via the C drive then Programs, and Programs x86 as if there is one file left that could be why you are having that trouble

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall

1. Old Printer Driver Won't Uninstall - Similar Threads - Old Printer Driver

2. Unable to remove old printer drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove old printer drivers: Under Windows 10 I am unable to remove printer drivers for on old printer the Epson XP810. The device is not there to remove under "printers and scanners". There are not apps to remove for this printer.How can I remove the XP810 drivers?...
  3. Unable to remove old printer drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove old printer drivers: Under Windows 10 I am unable to remove printer drivers for on old printer the Epson XP810. The device is not there to remove under "printers and scanners". There are not apps to remove for this printer.How can I remove the XP810 drivers?...
  4. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  5. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver: I've searched and searched, and the methods I have found all require printmanagement.msc which no longer exists. I have changed printers. I have removed the old printer from Printers & Scanners.I have removed the associated programs from Apps.Programs such as Word and...
  6. Remove or Uninstall Printer Driver

7. Printer driver won't install

Printer driver won't install: I just reset Windows 10 64bit on my Lenovo Yoga; when I go to install the two printers a Brother and a Canon, both show this error during the install: [ATTACH] I have made numerous efforts at troubleshooting including a couple of hours with Brother support service; did a...
  8. Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver

Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver: I do not recall installing Epson Printer Drivers as I d not have an Epson Printer I tried to uninstall in from System application program, It does not allow . Please asssist...
  9. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  10. Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Printer Driver in Windows 10 [img] Information When you remove a printer in Windows, the printer's driver is not uninstalled. You would need to manually uninstall the printer driver if wanted. This tutorial will show you how uninstall a printer driver...