Windows 10: Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it

Discus and support Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to sysprep a computer before giving it as a gift. I want this since I want it to keep all the drivers already installed and everything. However,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JayPare, Apr 26, 2018.

1. JayPare Win User

Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it

I want to sysprep a computer before giving it as a gift. I want this since I want it to keep all the drivers already installed and everything. However, when I sysprep it using Administrator account and delette the "User" account, when I boot to OOBE, it doesn't ask me to create a new user and it's still showing me the "User" I had previously. If I go through the process, I get to the login screen and I cannot login using "User" since the account has been deleted (I was kind of locked the since there was no account at this point but I manage to fix this). Also, at the first screen of OOBE, if I do Shift-F10 and input net user in the command prompt, I do not see "User" so the user has really been deleted. Do you have any idea what's happening? How can I get the computer to sysprep and asking me for a new username at OOBE? I'm on latest version of Windows 10 on this computer. Thank you very much in advance!

:)

JayPare, Apr 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 OOBE loop after sysprep

I ran into boot loop after sysprep Windows 10.

I've prepared a custom machine to deploy with WDS.

Sysprep has been run with /oobe/generalize options.

When I restart, windows 10 get into a reboot loop, and every time ask for system oobe wizard.

I found these on setuperr log file:

[msoobe.exe] Failed to set password and password hint with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to create the default account with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] TASK: End failed running task PrepareUserOOBE with hr=0xD000006C.

[msoobe.exe] Failed user OOBE prep task with hr=0xD000006C

[msoobe.exe] Failed to run OOBE Host with hr=0x80004005

[msoobe.exe] OOBE failed with hr=0x80004005

[windeploy.exe] Command [%windir%\system32\oobe\oobeldr.exe /system /quiet] failed with exit code [0x80004005]

[windeploy.exe] OnError commands failed. hr = 0x80070002

Giorgio Caldana, Apr 26, 2018
  3. JonW2016 Win User
    Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it

1. Old user still there in OOBE after sysprep and deleting it - Similar Threads - Old user still

2. old account deleted but still issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old account deleted but still issues: I deleted my old Microsoft account as it was compromised. I did this maybe just over a month ago. However I got an email today to say my account might have been compromised. I understand it takes two months to delete my Microsoft account. I had also changed the password on...
  3. User Data still there after i delete the user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Data still there after i delete the user: A few months ago I had deleted a user from my laptop. Today I just checked my users folder in my C drive, and found that all the data of that user was there, but when I saw the amount of users on my laptop, it was only mine.... Pls Help its taking up a lot of space and its...
  4. User Files gone after running Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Files gone after running Sysprep: Hello All, Recently, I had been having issues with an OOBESettings window in an endless loop, pressing the "Try again" button did nothing appearing after logging in. I followed some advice to run sysprep.exe>Enter OOBE>Reboot. After running it, I proceeded through the setup...
  5. User OOBE Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User OOBE Broker: Hello, I have found some strange procces in taskmanager called User OOBE Broker. What is this and is it safe?. File path C/windows/system32/oobe/UserOOBEBroker.exe file is not signed. Runs from User name (Admin) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  7. Deleted User Still Showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  8. Deleted User Still Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Still Showing: File Explorer and Directory Opus Listers DO NOT show the Deleted User. When Using a sub-Browser (not sure what it's called) The Deleted User is listed with all of the sub menus! 115198
  9. Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Old/deleted user still showing up when starting the PC: Hi *Smile I used this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option5 I made a new user on my PC and deleted the old one using the administrator user. I've also disable that I need to login using my password. The problem now is that the old user shows up...
  10. OOBE sysprep answer file for Win10 version 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OOBE sysprep answer file for Win10 version 1703: Hello. was looking for an answer file for just answering all of the oobe questions after running sysprep with oobe in the latest version of 10 with Cortana. I don't see steps to take for that anywhere online, only tutorials for copying a profile which would just skip having...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sysprep oobe remove user accounts

2. cant delete oobe