Windows 10: Old Win 7 games are back! (Not)

Discus and support Old Win 7 games are back! (Not) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Err... never mind. It appears this is not the case. I already had this package prior to the upgrade. Sorry *Redface Many of you may have noticed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Old Win 7 games are back! (Not)

Err... never mind. It appears this is not the case. I already had this package prior to the upgrade. Sorry *Redface

Many of you may have noticed, and gotten the new Windows Threshold 2 upgrade, but did you notice Microsoft gave us the old Win 7 games back like Solitaire, Chess, Free Cell, Hearts, ect...

Old Win 7 games are back! (Not) [​IMG]

I guess we can finally dump that old games package from Windows 7 *Smile

:)

sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015
  2. laplander Win User

how do i get my old preloaded games onto this windows 10

can I get my old win 7 preload games back?

laplander, Nov 12, 2015
  3. My Games Are Gone

in explorer type " Win 7 Games for win 10 and 7"

find and download from the above site and install.

All the old games are there

PeterHaas123, Nov 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I'm not sure how you got that.. I didn't

Old Win 7 games are back! (Not) [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Yeah, I don't have them here either, unfortunately.

blackroseMD1, Nov 12, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    It could have been the result of a carry over from a previous version of Windows?? I have no clue at the moment but it would be nice to find out what's going on.

BunnyJ, Nov 12, 2015
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Hmmm... maybe it is a carry over as I had that Windows 7 games package installed on my system. I guess the "new" next to the games fooled me. BTW did you guys upgrade yet?

Thanks, and sorry *Redface

sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Oh.. that explains it. I did a clean install of 10586 so I wouldn't have the games package.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Jeff.. *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 12, 2015
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    I don't have the old windows 7 games either and I didn't do a clean Install I would like to have them if anyone knows how

jerrypc1, Nov 12, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    The Games on the Apps menu on my Home version install when clicked upon and showed as Windows 8. Mahjong isn't present and the Games Explorer is empty.

Berton, Nov 12, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    PM sent

12. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah that's the game package I had installed when I did the upgrade *Wink

sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

No secret that they are available on the 'net, just need a current link.

Berton, Nov 12, 2015
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    The rules prevent us from being publically linking them. It also seems Microsoft had a hissy fit about that as well.

Sorry.

sygnus21, Nov 12, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    And there are some really good game apps that make up for the loss of those Win7 games, IMO..

YMMV
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Old Win 7 games are back! (Not) - Similar Threads - Old games are

2. Win 7 back to win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 back to win 10: Yes I had a windows 10 free upgrade back in 2016. I updated an ran on my current pc for awhile. I had a harddrive failure which was my fault had to reinstall win 7. I double checked my Microsoft account an saw coarse my win 10 back up or what have you under devices an my...
  3. I want my old windows 7 games back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old windows 7 games back: I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS? I have seen some...
  4. windows 10 back to win 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 back to win 7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page no matter what browser I use. 13301
  5. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  6. Went back to Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Went back to Win 7 pro: went back to 7pro, too many bugs in 10. 1. does not let my Norton AV update, updates fail, norton uninstalled & re installed which worked until I shut comp down problem tthen reappears. I uninstalled two more times with the same problem. 2. Could not open my office 2010...
  7. Back to win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Back to win 7 pro: Having used win 10 since the 29 July and having had more than enough problems with errors in the event viewer and also MS trying to download another update over an already activated copy of 10, I decided to return to win 7 pro. The first thing I noticed was how much faster 7...
  8. Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10..back to 7 and back to 10: *Rolleyes This concerns this Activation error So perhaps I should have waited to see if it would have activated. Long story short.... win 7 (Home premium)was upgraded to win10.. win10 was activated... did a clean install of win10 with a disk i had created from...
  9. Revert back to Win 7

Revert back to Win 7: I had reloaded Win 7 just prior to my upgrade to WIN10. Dont normally like to do an upgradebut I was pretty sure it was still clean. So on 2/14/16 id did the upgrade so I'm in the 30 day timeframe if that makes any difference. I just don't really like WIN 10. I did a...
  10. No option to roll back to Win 7

No option to roll back to Win 7: When I go to Settings/Update & Security/Recovery, I have no option to roll back to Windows 7. This is not a clean install. If I search for Windows.old, the image shows as the attached. I'm not super good at computer stuff, but I usually struggle through. Any suggestions as to...