Windows 10: Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.

Discus and support Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Has anyone deleted the old Windows program files,after installing Win10? 17973 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by digitalcurisity, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.

Has anyone deleted the old Windows program files,after installing Win10?

:)

digitalcurisity, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Bill12640 Win User

Fall Creators 32-bit installation crashes

The error in a pop up window that appeared after the installation reverted to my old Win10 version and auto rebooted states that installation failed in SECOND_REBOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA operation... this is after attempting a manual install with
    the downloaded ISO file...

Bill12640, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Unable to install Windows 10, computer hangs up after expanding windows files finishes and computer reboots.

Original Title: Wim10 install

Hello. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and video card. I had Win10 Pro installed on my old setup and since the upgrade I am not able to install or use win10. I tried to install my old win7 ultimate os but the computer hangs up after expanding
    windows files finishes and computer reboots.

harrykarlsson, Aug 20, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question.

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    I am sure at least one of the Win10 HEROES will know the answer to above. thanks... Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015
  6. I might copy all the old files to my external hard drive. Thanks for the information.

Not a good idea so i just went ahead and removed the old Win7&Win8.1 program files on both ASUS G73 systems.

7. BunnyJ New Member
    You're welcome.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

9. Well i removed the old program files on two ASUS G73 computers one had Win7 the other Win8.1 looks like both are back running well. Thanks for the help.

10. BunnyJ New Member
    Really glad to hear and super glad to help.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2015
  11. If you don't revert back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 after a month, the Windows.Old folder with auto delete itself automatically.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 20, 2015
  12. Where did you find that?

digitalcurisity, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Old Windows files after installing Win10 Question. - Similar Threads - Old files installing

2. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  3. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  4. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old files not opening after windows installation: i got this problems that i installed window 10 on my pc . i already had window 10 but just wanted to pc fresh. after installing the window all my pics and videos i mean all my files that i had on my pc are not opening. i got lot of pics on my pic and now after installing...
  5. old files not opening after windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  7. Question-Custom Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question-Custom Win10 Install: I know I can create a custom .xml for unattended installation of windows, but is there a way to install third party apps unattended after that completes?i.e. Office, Game Launchers, VPN services etc. I’m wanting to do a fresh install on several machines in my home. submitted...
  8. Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing old files after Windows 10 Installation: Recently, I had to perform a new installation of Windows 10 after my computer wouldn't boot up. The installation worked, but it seems like all the files I had from before can no longer be accessed. Both my C: and D: drives show that they only have a fraction of their maximum...
  9. Install old printer software to Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old printer software to Win10: I use a Samsung SCX-4100 printer, that I plugged in to my laptop running Windows 10. But I cannot install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software because it is too old. How can I install it or where can I find newer software to enable my printer?...
  10. Installing Win10 on an old Compaq laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win10 on an old Compaq laptop: As an experiment, I'm trying to install Win10 on an old Compaq laptop that originally ran XP, but over the years, I have upgraded it to Vista, and then to Win7, and it still works OK. It won't boot from USB so I made a DVD of Win10 and while it starts to boot from that,...