Windows 10: Older games on W10 mess.

Discus and support Older games on W10 mess. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to play older games like Medal of Honor (oldest ones), Return to Castle Wallenstein, Battlefield 1,2,3 etc. after exiting them, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CountMike, Oct 15, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Older games on W10 mess.

Whenever I try to play older games like Medal of Honor (oldest ones), Return to Castle Wallenstein, Battlefield 1,2,3 etc. after exiting them, they leave a mess of my desktop, sending icons all over the place and other 2 monitors. What's even worse, they brake up my Eyefinity settings and I have to rebuild it every time after exiting games.

:)

CountMike, Oct 15, 2016

2. Missing Microsoft games after upgrading to Windows 10

I had my older pc change to Windows 10 and my new PC stayed with windows 7, So now I copied the whole w7 games directory onto a memory stick and then copied into a blank games folder on w10. All the games disappeared on the stick & the W10 games dir. But
    when I returned the stick to the new w7 pc they were playable again!

I tried to change features of the W10 games folder to try copying again but games dir did not appear in the "features listing".

It looks like Windows do not like my grandchildren playing games on my PC!

The older grandchildren can type and use mouse and keyboard better than their peers. The younger ones can use my older pc as I will NOT change to windows 10.

Windows store does NOT give us the same as w7? I refuse to play in a cloud - whatever that is.

AlanYourell, Oct 15, 2016
  3. USB external storage {A Power} not beeing seen by MSI new gaming laptop - SKS newbie would greatly thank u.

Heading tells the sad story!

Newbie lost with a portable storage USB hard drive not being seen by new MSI gaming laptop - trying to get W10 mess sorted out from a crashed W10 bad install from Steam putting over 70 files on my desktop. So I have reverted to a MSI gaming laptop?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Had it_ No Lost it again_, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Older games on W10 mess.

sounds like a display setting..
    have you got Virtual Super Resolution switched on in Crimson?

BugMeister, Oct 15, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Not on main and another 24", third one (HDMI) doesn't support it, would it help ?

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Older games on W10 mess.

1. Older games on W10 mess. - Similar Threads - Older games W10

2. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  3. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  4. Finding W10 key on older drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding W10 key on older drive?: Hi,Just updated my desktop to W11 which I installed on a brand new hard drive.Problem is that W11 is not activating because my W10 key is on my older drive That drive is still in my machine and has all the W10 files intact but is not the main OS anymore basically it is just...
  5. Finding W10 key on older drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding W10 key on older drive?: Hi,Just updated my desktop to W11 which I installed on a brand new hard drive.Problem is that W11 is not activating because my W10 key is on my older drive That drive is still in my machine and has all the W10 files intact but is not the main OS anymore basically it is just...
  6. W10 driver for older webcam.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 driver for older webcam.: I need a driver for W10 to access a webcam type CIF Single Chip with USB. Tesco Techweb 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-driver-for-older-webcam/b3990c24-8e3d-4f00-96bb-b5277d2cf4fd
  7. older game compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older game compatibility: I have Scrabble for XP and it is running about 5 minutes in Windows 10 then it freezes..I was hoping someone could help me fine tune the compatibility settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-game-compatibility/471bbb41-aa6c-4db5-919d-80136860d27a
  8. Older Games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older Games: Hello, I have a lot of old cd-rom games from the early 90's. I was just wondering if there is anyway to get them to install or get them to work on windows 10. I have done the backwards compatibility attempts and they haven't been working. I was just wondering if they work...
  9. Properly "killing" an older W10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Properly "killing" an older W10 installation: I just put in a new SSD and have been in the process of transferring and reinstalling files and apps from my older Win 10 main hard drive to the new SSD. Through the UEFI Bios, I can still boot into either old or new disk but I notice that there may be increasing glitches at...
  10. Rollback to an older version of W10 M?

in Windows 10 Support
    Rollback to an older version of W10 M?: Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to rollback a phone to say... the anniversary update. Mine has been having battery problems for a while with the new updates and still hapening with the new updates, so I was wondering if there is a way to go back to a previous (Say...