Windows 10: OLDER PC incompatible with Windows 10 - what should I do?

Discus and support OLDER PC incompatible with Windows 10 - what should I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can continue using my older version of Windows 10 but WITHOUT any updates since my old HP PC will NOT accept them OR, I can wipe the HD and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aky13, Jul 16, 2018.

1. aky13 Win User

OLDER PC incompatible with Windows 10 - what should I do?

I can continue using my older version of Windows 10 but WITHOUT any updates since my old HP PC will NOT accept them OR, I can wipe the HD and install Windows 8.1.

How long will 8.1 be maintained by MS?

Which option is better for me and WHY?

:)

aky13, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 16, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. OLDER PC incompatible with Windows 10 - what should I do? - Similar Threads - OLDER incompatible should

2. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do?: Windows Script Host Can not find script file C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\aclui.dll.js".* Moved from Community Center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/32224f23-b384-49f6-9603-9976f4adcbee
  3. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do?: hi there, I made my computer account with a work/school email and I have very important things that I need to access unfortunately I have forgotten my password and whenever I try to reset it I realize I made a typo in the email when I created it and so if it sends me an email...
  4. What should I do?

What should I do?: I need to update my pc from windows 8 to 8.1. I already downloaded the update. But my pc isn't getting updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/3484290c-9722-4c20-a6e8-2bcb0f3f8d79
  5. What should I do with incompatible drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with incompatible drivers?: This appeared after I updated genshin impact on my pc. I already updated my windows but this issue is still yet to be resolved. Does this denote any problem within my device or the game itself?...
  6. What should I do with incompatible drivers?

What should I do with incompatible drivers?: This appeared after I updated genshin impact on my pc. I already updated my windows but this issue is still yet to be resolved. Does this denote any problem within my device or the game itself?...
  7. What should I do?

What should I do?: Reciently I got a trojan virus Win32/Manson.A!a and I don't know how to uninstall it.The first thing I did was scanning my PC with Windows Defender, and it found that virus. I chose "remove" option image 1. I scanned my PC again just to confirm the virus had been deleted....
  8. What should i do ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do ?: I just did a restore and chose to keep my files. When it was finished, it booted into a screen asking you to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are two options, both of which are identical: Windows 10 on Volume 3.Regardless of whether I choose one of them manually or let it...
  9. What should i do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should i do?: Hi, recently i downloaded a program to get a free program photoshop CC 2015,while i was downloading the crack, there were notifications on my computer that it wasa virus/malicious program, although i dont know if it is or not, in the video where i downloading it there...
  10. Should I Upgrade My Older PC To Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Upgrade My Older PC To Windows 10?: Hi all, I have a PC that is older that I've customized to be a gaming PC for my wants and needs. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel core i5 650 dual core 3.20ghz MOBO: Intel DQ57TM OS: Windows 7 Home Premium RAM: 12GB ddr3 HDD: 250GB Western Digital GPU: Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc incompatible with windows 10