Windows 10: OldNewExplorer - working then not working

Discus and support OldNewExplorer - working then not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I really want my Details Pane to be at the bottom of the screen (Win7) rather than the RH side (Win10) and OldNewExplorer is the only thing that does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dortmunder, Apr 13, 2017.

1. OldNewExplorer - working then not working

I really want my Details Pane to be at the bottom of the screen (Win7) rather than the RH side (Win10) and OldNewExplorer is the only thing that does this for Win10 users (as far as I know). But it seems to stop working of its own accord - I've just noticed that it's not working and I don't recall changing any settings.

Are there others with this problem and is there a way to ensure the bottom-screen Details pane remains there permanently?

Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Apr 13, 2017

2. Saveas, open, export doesn't work on Windows 10 after upgrade from Windows 8.1.

Resolved the issue by un-installing OldNewExplorer, software which makes the "This PC" to show the items as in Windows 7 as discussed

here

Srikanthsd, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Apr 13, 2017
  4. bestellen Win User

OldNewExplorer - working then not working

A program like OldNewExplorer for example can change the interface of Windows 8's File Explorer so that it resembles the interface of Windows 7's Windows Explorer.
    This means first and foremost away with the ribbon. But, there are other features that it supports that you may like.
    Installation is quite simple. Just run the program after you have unpacked it on your system. All you have to do is click on the install button so that the program can make the modifications on the system.
    You can revert those changes at anytime with a click on the uninstall button. Both operations display an UAC prompt that you need to allow.
    I'd recommend you create a system restore point before you run the program, but that is entirely up to you. To do so, type create a restore point while you are on the Start Screen part of the operating system and select the option from the search results.
    Here you need to click on the create button to create a new restore point which you can later restore should something go wrong.

bestellen, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Run 'Old/New Explorer', click Uninstall, click 'Close', restart Explorer, run Old/New Explorer again check-marking your choices, click Install, click 'Close', restart Explorer.

Edwin, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Thanks guys. Yes, I've done all the logical stuff. On bootup, all is well (I've just started the PC and the bottom screen Details Pane is there). It was the same yesterday but at some point - during the same session - it disappeared. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if there's any particular action of mine to blame. Can't think of one, though...

dortmunder, Apr 15, 2017
  7. Since my last post I've clean installed Win10. The problem with OldNewExplorer is still there - bottomscreen Details Pane is there when you boot up but at some point during the session it can just disappear. No-one else experiencing this?

dortmunder, Apr 21, 2017
  8. MNW
    Mnw Win User

Yes I have also expericed this. It stops working without warning or notification. I've tried running debugView against it, to no avail. Restarting explorer has been the only solution I've found so far. I believe it might be to do with the fact that it was originally written to give this functionality to Windows 8 rather than 10; hence some stability issues.

Keen to find a solution for 10 though. Maybe there will be a win 10 friendly update?

9. Edwin New Member
    Been keeping an eye on this issue.
    Try this:
    Make sure "Show Status Bar" remains unchecked in Old/New Explorer and in File Explorer Options.
    (Seems glitchy for O/N Explorer to show Status Bar and Details Pane simultaneously.)

Edwin, Apr 27, 2017
  10. Thanks Edwin. Actually, mine has been behaving itself these past few days and I have Status Bar showing (I have a use for it..).

I found this on superuser.com:
    "There is an issue that can occur that can cause explorer to seem to ignore the settings you have set in OldNewExplorer. You can work around this going to Folder Options->View and check the box "Launch folder windows in a separate process". This will have windows open explorer windows in a different process than the one that is running your task bar."

I haven't tried it so can't vouch for it.

dortmunder, Apr 29, 2017
  11. craigluck Win User
    This is an old thread but I am just reading it.
    I have the same issue of File Explorer resetting itself to the Windows 10 format and "losing" the OldlNewExplorer settings. I've found a relatively easy solution. I open Task Manager, highlight Windows Explorer in the Processes tab (which will be in the top "Apps" area if Explorer is open, or further down if it's not), then click "Restart". After Explorer refreshes, OldNewExplorer settings will be back. Works every times.

craigluck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OldNewExplorer - working then not working - Similar Threads - OldNewExplorer working working

2. Dictation is not working working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation is not working working: When I start the tool WIN+H it just says ”to use dictation select a text field” notepad, WordPad and office word are on – nothing, not registered at all, empty web online fields same and it does not listen, not even when the microphone icon is pressed. However, if I open...
  3. Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oldnewexplorer deleted my file explorer's address bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/riky86 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l16rhl/oldnewexplorer_deleted_my_file_explorers_address/
  4. Work Account not working

Work Account not working: On the downloaded version of Windows, I can not sign in with my work/school account. It has been going on for several months. Please help me and explain what to do next!...
  5. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue: I have Saved my theme settings within the personalization selection of the themes selection in the Settings app. Everything is cool except the OldNewExplorer. It's works, half of the time tho. ....is it something to do when I log out ? Any ideas ? I have Windows 10 PRO...
  6. Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer: Hi all, I've installed UltraUXThemePatcher and the custom theme DarkTen, as there are some programs like qBittorrent with no built in dark mode and they burn my eyes. My understanding (based on guides like this one) is that you also need to install OldNewExplorer. However,...
  7. OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot

OldNewExplorer needs to be reinstalled every boot: I'm using OldNewExplorer on Windows 10 to make some changes, such as using the command bar instead of the ribbon. This works fine until I restart the computer, at which point OldNewExplorer still claims to be installed, but Explorer has reverted back to its default form. To...
  8. Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?

Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?: I am trying to use oldnewexplorer (ONE). When I try to install ONE I find it reported as installed. I can find no evidence of the installation. It does not appear in control panel installed program list . Search does not find it. A file search reports only one entry - the...
  9. Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer

Two status bars showing up after using oldnewexplorer: I installed Oldnewexplorer and customized some settings and when I uninstall it, the old status bar remains in the bottom and even if I uncheck show status bar it still shows up only the windows 10 status bar hides. Now I'm having two status bars(windows 10 status bar and one...
  10. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290