Windows 10: OMG - not more update tribulations re 1803

Discus and support OMG - not more update tribulations re 1803 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Desktop disappeared. no recovery/restore functions worked - re-install the only option. Read the report on The Register and see that this is a huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robmar0se, May 23, 2018.

1. robmar0se Win User

OMG - not more update tribulations re 1803

Desktop disappeared. no recovery/restore functions worked - re-install the only option.

Read the report on The Register and see that this is a huge problem on 1803.

Really it is about time that MS went back to the drawing board on updates - just isn't working. Updates is the biggest deterrent to using win 10.

More and more folks reverting to 7.

:)

robmar0se, May 23, 2018

2. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, May 29, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    OMG so many issue

Hi Sylvain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the drivers?
    • Have you updated all the Windows Updates?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click on Device manager.
    • Click on Imaging Devices.
    • Right click on Microsoft LifeCam Studio.
    • Under Driver Tab click on Update Driver.
    • And follow the instructions.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 29, 2018
Thema:

OMG - not more update tribulations re 1803

1. OMG - not more update tribulations re 1803 - Similar Threads - OMG more update

2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: HOW MANY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING INCREDIBLE PROBLEMS AND BUGS AND GLITCHES AND FLAWS ARE THERE NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!!??!!?!!!?!???!!??!!??!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!...
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: HOW MANY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING INCREDIBLE PROBLEMS AND BUGS AND GLITCHES AND FLAWS ARE THERE NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!!??!!?!!!?!???!!??!!??!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!...
  4. OMG

in Windows 10 Customization
    OMG: Look: [ATTACH] Why the tile in the app side has an outline on the UWP OneNote version, whereas in the tiles side, it has none. What is this icon monstrosity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/omg/7e634c80-acbf-46b9-a301-9a640f3b5910
  5. Please help omg

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help omg: First pc blue screened and when it couldn’t restart I followed like 10 different YouTube tutorials when none of those worked I assumed the drive died. Reformatting and everything nothing worked. Purchased a new drive and reinstalled windows finished downloading a bunch of my...
  6. omg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    omg: i lost all my home work on my college portal i had just got done with it never got to save a pop up came up and now its gone what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/omg/23f308e7-e8b5-46bb-8f91-a1ad06b73f73
  7. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  8. About File Associations Re: 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    About File Associations Re: 1803: So I have seen plenty of what appear to me to be somewhat complicated fixes that I do not quite understand most dealing with the registry https://p0w3rsh3ll.wordpress.com/201...-associations/ so I was wondering if there is anything new out there that is for dummies. Came...
  9. Updated Windows 1803 deleted some programs and more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated Windows 1803 deleted some programs and more: My computer automatically updated me to Windows 1803 and all hell broke loose. Internet Explorer stopped showing the Trusteer icon; Google Chrome stopped allowing me to add Trusteer websites; my computer's HP Recovery Manager that came pre-installed with my computer was...
  10. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not here Mike......did the reg file, rebooted the system and no luck.......maybe there is something in my settings that is stopping it.....Oh well, not sure I really wanted it clear, just thought I would try to confirm your findings.. It's not completely clear, still has a...