Windows 10: On Activation (vs not)

Discus and support On Activation (vs not) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I am wondering about Pros/Cons of activation (not prirate version but just leaving as not activated). This would seem to be a way to stop the forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chemie, Nov 12, 2015.

1. chemie Win User

On Activation (vs not)

So I am wondering about Pros/Cons of activation (not prirate version but just leaving as not activated). This would seem to be a way to stop the forced updates (for Home version). I understand the watermark is gone (from Win7/8 days), and you lose updates (which is good IMHO), but do you lose any other functionality by leaving unactivated/non-genuine (even though you have legit key)

:)

chemie, Nov 12, 2015

2. Help me! I'm Insider but I can't active my Windows 10

How did you determine that it had activated permanently vs. merely activating the build?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Mani.Ms Win User
    Nokia 808 Pureview, focusing problems

Minimum distance between the camera and the object should be 15 cm and if the distance gets shorter than that then you will get a dim picture. Try activating the close up mode in the creative mood on the touch screen. The Nokia 808 pureview camera is still
    better than the lot of latest mobile camera's available today -
    Pixelmaster vs pureview vs ultrapixel vs megapixel

Mani.Ms, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

On Activation (vs not)

If asking about Windows Activation there's 2 things to keep in mind, one is that with a clean install you usually have 30 days but with a reinstall you might get only 3 days [have run into that several times]. Activation is required at some point or risk reduced functionality, have not seen a list of what that reduction comprises.

Berton, Nov 12, 2015
  5. pparks1 Win User
    why do you not want updates?

pparks1, Nov 12, 2015
  6. chemie Win User
    Too often, updates break things. I would rather control when/if they happen

chemie, Nov 12, 2015
  7. As far as I know you will get ever increasing reduced functionality. Forced reboots too I think.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

On Activation (vs not)

1. On Activation (vs not) - Similar Threads - Activation

2. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  3. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  4. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. window activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window activation issue: windows is not activated. because I interred the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-activation-issue/94d59db0-9fed-431a-a409-c5433c8292d7
  6. window activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window activation issue: windows is not activated. because I interred the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-activation-issue/94d59db0-9fed-431a-a409-c5433c8292d7
  7. window activation issue

8. Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate: Hello.I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home. and I upgraded to Windows Pro by purchased Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store because I needed the laptop for work, but the upgrade comes with Windows 11 enterprise. But now Windows is not active Error code 0xC004C003 , what...
  9. Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate

Windows 11 Enterprise wont activate: Hello.I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home. and I upgraded to Windows Pro by purchased Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store because I needed the laptop for work, but the upgrade comes with Windows 11 enterprise. But now Windows is not active Error code 0xC004C003 , what...
  10. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. FSX ONLINE ACTIVATION VS PHONE ACTIVATION