Windows 10: On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips

Discus and support On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like most of you know most laptops used to ship with audio chips from either Realtek or Conexant up till a year back . The funny thing is Conexant had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, May 8, 2018.

1. On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips

Like most of you know most laptops used to ship with audio chips from either Realtek or Conexant up till a year back .

The funny thing is Conexant had went bankrupt on 2014 after achieving a revenue less than 190 million usd through out the year 2013 handing the lead to Realtek with revenue close to 2.5 billion usd .

Why this is funny ? because most pc and laptop manufacturers persisted to ship devices with Conexant chips up till mid 2017 . How was this possible is beyond me , but maybe they could nail a huge stock of chips at a pretty low price on company's fight for survival that it took those manufacturers years to disperse the amount fully .

Now there is a catch , sweet Microsoft whether decided to legacy out those chips or whether the chips really have a problem in architecture with its most recent build 1803 of Windows 10 , are putting a lot of manufacturers into stress trying to handle the situation with care so not to backfire at them to be forced to collect / replace recently sold units with such chips.

Manufacturers like HP , IBM , LENOVO , DELL had been facing a lot of support request regarding the situation with minimal understanding from buyers of why our audio isn't working or have problems on new windows update . The answers now vary from "We are sorry but your current device warranty has expired please refer to whatever blahs and follow those loops before contacting us" to "Please uninstall the current Conexant driver and use windows default HD audio and use the hide update tool from Microsoft to stop the driver from updating" to "Your device isn't eligible for this windows update" .

Now I really don't know how to think about this situation yet or how to handle it , or to who to point the finger at but for a start if you are buying , you may come across discounted units from last year or other units being sold used . Do bother yourself by googling which chip it uses for audio just to save yourself the hassle of nailing a brand new legacy hardware *Smile

Cheers

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, May 8, 2018
Thema:

On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips

1. On buying new or used Laptop / PC beware of Conexant chips - Similar Threads - buying used Laptop

2. How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use laptop mic when using headphones Conexant Audio?: My laptop mic works better than the mic in my headphones. I've tried everything to fix that, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to use the laptop mic instead?...
  3. Buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying a new laptop: I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop. Which would be the better buy between the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 & the Lenovo IdeaPad 3? I've read about both & each have their own pros & cons, but a lot of the...
  4. Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Laptop users using NVSlimmer beware - Hell Corner: So this fine day I woke up to my laptop's second GPU being recognized as not working 3D Video Card , everything surrounding the case seemed like it went busted , it wouldn't update driver , attempting to remove the driver worked , but re-installing it using official stock...
  5. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  6. To buy a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To buy a new PC: Ok so i need to build a Pc with good, fine settings like 4/8GB ram, 3.0 ghz processor and everything . Can somebody suggest me components???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-buy-a-new-pc/93cf2b3e-64cd-445d-b218-e8a58439c439
  7. New Intel chip function ..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Intel chip function ..?: Hi All . I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop , But my Processor is Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not Skylake .. ?? I don't know how to set it up either . Any idea ..? Thanks . 51044
  8. New Update today BEWARE!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Update today BEWARE!: I just did the latest update. At least it was for me. Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice. It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder. The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught...
  9. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...
  10. buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    buying a new laptop: Hi Guys My son needs a new laptop as his HP with Vista has packed up, and as you know, the vast choice on offer can be bewildering. If I describe his minimum needs, maybe you can advise. cd-rom drive 1 or 2 usb ports long battery life cheapest price as he is...
Tags: