Windows 10: On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen

Discus and support On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every morning when I press a key to wake my computer up, I then have to click 2 more times to get off the screen the MS shows me before I can get to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dlfagan1, Feb 12, 2017.

1. dlfagan1 Win User

On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen

Every morning when I press a key to wake my computer up, I then have to click 2 more times to get off the screen the MS shows me before I can get to my desktop. I think it's called the Lock screen. But it's always some picture with a message up top that says "Like what you see?". When I click on the picture, it then takes me to the Sign On screen. I have no user name an pword. I just hit Sign On and it takes me to my desktop. I don't want to see these pictures every morning and I don't want to sign on to anything. I just want to go straight to my desktop without any clicking. This used to be so easy to do with previous versions of Windows, but I sure can't figure it out now. I don't want to have to put any password on my computer either. I think I have the Lock screen turned off. Thanks for any help.

:)

dlfagan1, Feb 12, 2017
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

Computer won't go straight to log in screen on boot up

Hi!

What your looking at is the "Lock Screen". I have not found a way to disable it but you can turn off the fun facts, and change the picture. Option are in start > settings > Personalization. There may be a way to turn it off.

bing search:

turn off lock screen in windows 10 - Bing

On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen [​IMG]

Teddy2016, Feb 12, 2017
  3. How to go straight to login screen on Win 10 / bypass the picture (lockscreen)

Thanks Angela.

This is seriously messed up =>: 'the lock screen can no longer be disabled using the Group Policy Settingor by editing the
    registry.'

Kind regards

justWaving, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Settings/Accounts/Sign in options:

Tutorial: Require Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Hmm. That has been bugging me also and @Edwin answer sort of works.

I use my fingerprint to wake my laptop and all it does is take me to the lock screen. Then I have to use my fingerprint again to log on.

Why can't it just ask once?

I don't want it to never ask at all just not repeatedly for the same thing.

I have the same issue if PC is shut down - a fingerprint will start the PC but again it will stall at log on and require my PIN or fingerprint or something.

Windows 8 (on the same PC) would go straight to desktop with one swipe.

6. dlfagan1 Win User
    Thanks, Edwin, but my sign in options look nothing like yours: https://i.imgur.com/npc3UXK.jpg

The command prompt option just tells me I don't have permission to do it, and I am the Administrator. I can't find the Local Group Policy thingie. And it appears I'd have to create and enter a password just to be able to turn it off.

dlfagan1, Feb 13, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    You could try netplwiz

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

I think you will need to set a password and then use netplwiz to say that entering is not required on log-on. This doesn't affect resume from sleep or locking your session - just booting it up of a morning.

8. dlfagan1 Win User

I tried the regedit files, too. It said they all copied to the registry when I ran them. But I woke up this morning to the same screen. The regedit thingies didn't work for me *Sad

dlfagan1, Feb 14, 2017
  9. dlfagan1 Win User
    UPDATE: option 1 worked for me. But I actually had to create and assign a password before I could get my problem solved. Seems silly to me I have to assign a password to turn it off and bypass this *Smile On the option with GPEDIT, it appears MS did a recent update that makes this one no longer work.

dlfagan1, Feb 15, 2017
  10. lx07 Win User
    Maybe.

It happens in other places too within the MS world. Remote Desktop will fall flat on it's underlying code if you are trying to sign onto a machine with no password. So does (for the same reason) Hyper-V and will not let you sign on to a VM for long.

"Password1" is a good password for this situation. It has a capital letter and a number and will pass most idiotic complexity checks. You could always add a "@" at the end if not.

Hopefully Windows Hello or some other biometric thing will take us away from this silly way of authenticating.

Thema:

1. On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen - Similar Threads - computer wakeup straight

2. How to lock my Desktop screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to lock my Desktop screen: I see that there is a lock screen option, but unlocking again requires a new login using a NetID.Since locking the screen seems to amount to locking the entire machine against anyone that doesn’t know the NetID including me! and I don’t want to find myself unable to get back...
  3. My computer keeps going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps going to lock screen: Hi there - I've had a persistent issue with my lenovo laptop. I plug my laptop into a docking station, so I look at it on a separate, larger monitor. It keeps on going to screensaver/lock screen. I've tried everything. My power and sleep settings for screen is "never" for...
  4. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?: I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins....
  5. Computer going to “locking” screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer going to “locking” screen: Hello, i’m not sure what info is needed but I do indeed have a windows computer, but when my battery is low, not dead, it randomly shows a blue screen that says “locking” also it shows “hibernating” too, then it goes black, i’ve been looking this up for awhile and i’ve found...
  6. can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop: I have read this thread "Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password" and I am either confused by the verbage or it just doesn't work for me. My situation is a brand new Dell laptop with win 10 pro. Out of box setup forced me to enter a pin, and I assume...
  7. From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    From Sleep Straight To Desktop WITHOUT Lock Screen: Originally I had this machine set up to go straight to the Desktop from Sleep with NO Lock Screen. One of the updates changed that last year and I've been trying to figure out where to reset it. That being said, what exactly does this "Lock" setting do? [img] As always, I...
  8. How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?: When I 1st turn on my laptop it shows different pictures from all around the world and up it the corner it asks if I like the picture and want to see more like it. As soon as I touch anything on the scree it going to the password enter screen. How do I bypass the opening...
  9. how do I go straight to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I go straight to desktop: I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am the only one using my computer and am tired of having to click my way to the desktop every time I sit down. These features are...
  10. My computer will randomly go to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer will randomly go to the lock screen: When I am using my computer, the screen will go black and then go to the lock screen, just like if I had locked it using the start menu. It happens even If I'm actively using my computer. All my power settings are set so that when my laptop is on the "hp recommended" power...