Windows 10: On-screen Position of Volume Control

Discus and support On-screen Position of Volume Control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I hit a volume control button (mute, volume up, or volume down) an on-screen slider is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by compupix, Oct 18, 2016.

1. compupix Win User

On-screen Position of Volume Control

I'm using a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. When I hit a volume control button (mute, volume up, or volume down) an on-screen slider is displayed corresponding to the current system volume and what I am doing. How do I get the system to display this slider somewhere else on the screen. I can't drag it. None of the keyboard settings have anything to do with on-screen control positions.

Thanks!

:)

compupix, Oct 18, 2016
  2. Chefproll Win User

N8: Bluetooth volume problem

N8 does not support changing a Bluetooth headset's volume via the phone's hardware controls and software buttons: There's no changes in volume until you reach the mute position. All volume control has to be done via the headset's hardware controls.

Quite nagging if you e. g. like to decrease the volume of navigation instructions while driving with your headset on: Navigation voice hammers the yellow out of your ears. On-screen Position of Volume Control :(

As said: Seems to be a binary thing - full volume or nothing.

Chefproll, Oct 18, 2016
  3. N70 - proof that the 6230/6310 are mobile legends

one last point for the list

(**) Why move the volume control from a position on the side of the phone that can be used during calls to the middle buttons ?>

benalder---01, Oct 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might prefer an alternative approach.

Install Volumouse (free). This allows you to alter volume by pressing a key or key combination and scroll the mouse. The slider appears wherever the moue pointer is.

You can alter the screen brightness in the same way.

Another program that is rather neat is 7+ taskbar tweaker. Select the appropriate option; simply hover your mouse over the taskbar and scroll to alter the volume. The slider appears above where the mouse is.

Just search for these - easy to find.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2016
  5. mykou Win User
    mykou, Oct 18, 2016
  6. compupix Win User
    Thanks for all of the options. I'm testing out HideVolumeOSD. I'm liking it so far.

compupix, Oct 18, 2016
  7. compupix Win User
    HideVolumeOSD worked for a while, but then stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no joy.
    I appreciate all of the other options, but really like having a dedicated keyboard button for mute.
    So, I guess I'll just get used to the volume OSD.

compupix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. On-screen Position of Volume Control - Similar Threads - screen Position Volume

2. Volume control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control: Can I move my sound button in Windows 11 so it pops up alone with one click? When I click on the volume, another screen pops up with another sound button and a button to brighten the screen. This requires two clicks to turn something down or up. The screen brightener should...
  3. Hide or Move On Screen Volume Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide or Move On Screen Volume Control: With the latest update to Windows 11 comes a new on-screen volume control. This volume control pops up every time I toggle mute. If I'm watching a video full screen, the control shows up on top of the captions.How do I permanently relocate the on-screen volume control, or...
  4. Hide or Move On Screen Volume Control

Hide or Move On Screen Volume Control: With the latest update to Windows 11 comes a new on-screen volume control. This volume control pops up every time I toggle mute. If I'm watching a video full screen, the control shows up on top of the captions.How do I permanently relocate the on-screen volume control, or...
  5. screen position

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen position: i can not see the up and down arrows because the screen is slightly to the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-position/b967e0c8-439f-49db-8580-4cc122e3664a
  6. Volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control: I am unable to mute the volume control button. Can you help? Thanks. Ann Rice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/5617587a-1010-4fb5-8506-ec72b280c74b
  7. Volume Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Control: I don't know why, but while I was away for a few days, I lost my ability to control my volume from the volume icon on the right side of my task bar. How do I restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/c426c29f-bed4-4526-9583-cbd7c92b3868
  8. volume control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume control: Have windows 10 , works great except cannot increase audio sound which compounds my hearing problem. This happened fairly recently regardless of what I watch .Troubleshoot reports no problems to fix . The computer is ten years old...
  9. Volume control

Volume control: i can control the volume when using earbuds with my phone but I can’t control volume when using my smart tv. It always stays on loud. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control/49e4fa13-ecba-4864-a2c2-490294a0b87c
  10. volume control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume control: volume control on taskbar won't work any longer. can;t right click it either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/volume-control/47395294-f39d-4d4a-bc6e-175d3248ae71