Windows 10: On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2

Discus and support On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am facing a typical issue on Wsus server in my 8yrs career. Scenario is i have 3 pcs with windows 10. 1) I have installed windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liboct87, Apr 4, 2017.

1. liboct87 Win User

On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2

Hello,

I am facing a typical issue on Wsus server in my 8yrs career.
    Scenario is i have 3 pcs with windows 10.

1) I have installed windows 10 on 3 pcs with same bootable usb.
    2) When i access WSUS server to see if they are reporting on WSUS server to get windows update. Sometimes It shows PC 1 & PC 3 Sometimes it shows PC 2 & PC 3.
    3) Actually all my 3 pcs have to reported on WSUS Server . But sometime PC 1 reported on WSUS Server. Which actually replaced PC 2.
    4) I have checked SIDs of those pcs all have same SIDs..
    5) All 3 PCs have different IPs & Computer name.

Now my question is why all of them are not showing together.

:)

liboct87, Apr 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Prof. Clinet not reported to WSUS server 2012 R2

Windows 10 PC contacted to WSUS server but not reported & Windows 7 PC is reported to WSUS Server.

Comnetinfo, Apr 4, 2017
  3. WSUS clients are not able to get an updates. WSUS is reporting different version of client.

Hello guys,

We have issues across our company that 1709 users with Windows 10 are not getting updates from our WSUS server (2012 R2).

We tried known hot fixes such as deleting SoftwareDistribution folder, forcing service to stop and run again, manually find updates, restarting clients, restarting WSUS, downloading all avaiable updates
    for WSUS, run diag tool downloaded from Microsoft on clients but nothing helps.

We are also tried to run new 2016 WSUS server but situation did not changed. I think maybe problem is in client version 1709?

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) (WSUS is reporting 10.0.16299.248)

Windows 2016 (14393.2125)

We have around 150 clients with this issue.

Issues:

1. WSUS server is reporting that clients need updates but clients are not getting any.

2. Some clients are not reporting back but they are reachable. (F.E. Last report 25.2.2018)

3. When we are connected remotely to client PC and run WU manually, WU is telling us that PC has all needed updates and none are available.

4. We can see different version in WSUS than client's version really is (agent version - maybe this is the issue?)

I hope my description is enough, I saw many forums / users / companies are dealing with same issue but there is not a fix for this yet and also I did not saw a thread on Microsoft about this exact problem
    yet. I am already googling this for 3 days...

Thanks for answering,

Best regards

Ondrej

Rudek Ondřej, Apr 4, 2017
Thema:

On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2

1. On Wsus server PC 1 is replaced with PC 2 - Similar Threads - Wsus server replaced

2. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  3. WSUS Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Server: Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-server/283df429-9d8c-4efb-8405-d2e1a83a1c1e
  4. WSUS server issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS server issue: In WSUS, we assigned a server to a specific group, and we can see it is in that group; however when I approved the updates to this group, all the other servers can detect the update except this server. But when I log in to the server, it could detect the update which has been...
  5. 1 PC 2× Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 PC 2× Windows?: Hey, I have a new PC on which I have reinstalled everything (Windows, new key). Now I want to drag some data from my old Hdd to my new one. My question is what happens when I connect the old harddisk, will there be any problems because Windows is installed on both? 1 PC...
  6. WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server': Hi , In my WSUS server after windows OS patch and reboot When trying to connect I get the error " Cannot connect to 'server' Please make sure the Post-Installation task is completed successfully in that server. If it was please verify if the server is using another port or...
  7. WSUS Backup Server

WSUS Backup Server: Hi Guys, One of my customer wants Secondary Server for WSUS Server Similar to Secondary ( Backup ) Active Directory in case of Failure. Consider a scenario : There are two WSUS Server on same network One is active and other is Redundant(Cold Spare or Backup). Widows...
  8. Wsus server consulting

Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...
  9. Replacing the PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing the PC: Hi, having to replace the PC I would like to know which is the simplest and fastest method to restore all my private applications without having to reinstall them again. Thank you....
  10. How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?: So, I'm using this program called aster which lets you turn your one computer into 2. For some reason this program doesn't allow you to have 2 monitors on one workplace. Is there a way to list 2 monitors as 1? OS: Windows 10 Processor: 64 bit...