Windows 10: On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file?

Discus and support On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer with a new hard drive, but no OS on it. Is it possible to download the media-creation software/Win10 ISO install files, and put them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevenmann1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file?

I have a computer with a new hard drive, but no OS on it. Is it possible to download the media-creation software/Win10 ISO install files, and put them on a flash drive, and then use on a PC? Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

stevenmann1, Aug 5, 2018

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Aug 5, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Problem booting from Win 10 USB Flash Drive made per tutorial

Another victim of Rufus and it's too complicated settings. I don't recommend anybody use Rufus to create a Windows 10 USB flash drive.

Prepare the flash drive as follows:
    Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive

At step 9, make sure to use fat32 as stated in the "important" box:
    9. To format the partition, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER

For step 12, mount the Windows ISO file you downloaded and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive and you're done. You have a flash drive that will boot both legacy BIOS and UEFI.

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2018
  4. On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file?

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file?

1. On xbox one s, can I create a usb flash drive with win 10 iso file? - Similar Threads - xbox create usb

2. create ISO directly on USB drive or cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create ISO directly on USB drive or cloud: Hi all,I need to create a bootable USB device but on the current PC I do not have 8GB free on my hard drive C:/ to save an ISO generated by WMC Tool before I can burn it on USB.Moreover, WMC Tool does not allow to create the image file on an external drive only C:/...so I am...
  3. create ISO directly on USB drive or cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create ISO directly on USB drive or cloud: Hi all,I need to create a bootable USB device but on the current PC I do not have 8GB free on my hard drive C:/ to save an ISO generated by WMC Tool before I can burn it on USB.Moreover, WMC Tool does not allow to create the image file on an external drive only C:/...so I am...
  4. USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer: I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to post the problem here before doing so. File Explorer is not seeing any USB Flash drive or mounted ISO, but I can look at...
  5. How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive?

How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive?: Hello, How can I create a bootable Win RE in USB Flash drive? Thanks Daniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-bootable-win-re-in-usb-flash/2953414f-1231-493c-8af2-58d2990fbf40
  6. Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can notnfind USB flash drive after using recovery drive (a flash drive) created one month...: I use a recovery drive (a flash drive) which I created one month ago to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop. After new Windows 10 is installed, I can not find my ISB flash drive on any of three USB ports on the laptop but there is an error message shown on screen "something is...
  7. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  8. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  9. error when creating a ISO flash drive

error when creating a ISO flash drive: I am trying to do a repair install and when I downloaded the ISO from MS it gave me the message that it could not run the ISO on this computer and gave me an error code 0x80042405-0xA001A, I have no Idea what to do, Can someone help? 117702
  10. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one create windows boot

2. flash drive xbox one s loc:US

3. xbox one create windows 10 usb

4. creating a file on xbox one s,
  5. how to create windows bootable usb on xbox one