Windows 10: Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

Discus and support Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey, Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues, it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC, restored itself and that was it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Luulune, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Luulune Win User

Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

Hey,

Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues, it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC, restored itself and that was it. I could live with that.

Now since a week or two my pc will always reboot after boot. Not instantly, but after 10 minutes of Firefox, game, or anything really. It will just reboot. There is no blue screen. There is no crash dumps. There is no log entry. Yesterday after this happened, my mouse and keyboard were not working and I had to reboot myself. That happened only once.

Now again it happened but differently. It didn't reboot completely. I could hear a connect/disconnect device sound, and the screen came back on, almost like a GPU driver crash. But then my screen went black for a moment and all apps that were running got restarted. It was like a reboot, but without seeing any of the boot screens of Windows.

Thanks for any input. I was planning on doing a memtest at any rate but would love your thoughts.

:)

Luulune, Sep 15, 2016

2. WIFI disconnect when SP4 Sleep even with option to keep WIFI On even with replacement!!

In addition to Major issues like Screen freezing, Pen pointer stops , Poping in Speakers , Crash dumps/reboots and etc.

Here is an issue i noticed that i don't see someone is complaining about.

While download big something i notice after leaving Surface on for long time and login i see torrent are not downloading and it start to download once logged in.

Also a very weird thing, Charger is have somehow affect on internet speed! Very odd!

When plug the charger speed is going fast for high rate, once remove it it dropped to lower rates, plug it again it go back for fast speed then remove it so it dropped to lower speeds and so on!!!!

Mohamed Hosny, Sep 15, 2016
  3. BSOD Error "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

Odd. The logs say one of the dumps was saved on 24.12.2017:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80f59627220, 0xffffec839a3e9428, 0xffffec839a3e8c70). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\122417-30265-01.dmp. Report Id: a9e96913-f851-43be-8b75-d590efdad9f8.

First of all,

Do you use CCleaner, Disk cleanup or any other utility? These utilities erase crash dumps too.

Next,

Post back the results of SFC and DISM:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/04/run-system-file-checker-and-deployment.html

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Luulune Win User

I have newest drivers for chipset, GPU, etc.

Since this crash just now was different from the ones I'm getting everyday, I took a look. In the Logs: DWM.exe stopped working (this never happened before) and an Warning that my GPU stopped responding, and under Hardware tab my GPU has a ! and it says it is disabled because errors have occurred. It is however working just fine at the moment. I do not know if this is related to the reboots I have every day as I've never had any log entries before. I have a long history of GPU related problems and I'm just happy if it works most the time. Now I'm mostly interested in fixing the reboots without any log entries.

Luulune, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now - Similar Threads - Once reboot dumps

2. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  3. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  4. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC crashes once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes once a day: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎11/‎28/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1020Parameter 2: ffffd60c753cb9a0Parameter...
  6. PC crashes once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes once a day: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎11/‎28/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1020Parameter 2: ffffd60c753cb9a0Parameter...
  7. PC crashes once a day

8. PC Is Continually Rebootting At Least Once A Day Bugcheck: 0x00000116

PC Is Continually Rebootting At Least Once A Day Bugcheck: 0x00000116: Hi,My Computer has been freezing then it reboots after a short time. From Event Viewer it is saying its caused by 0x00000116Computer is pretty new only a couple of weeks old, I have the latest drivers from my graphics card and the crash happens randomly sometimes when the...
  9. Computer crashes once a day

Computer crashes once a day: hello everyone, ive been dealing with pc crashes for a few months now. barely ever bluescreened, usually my monitors just froze and I had to restart myself. usually it is while gaming, or when a game is open. dump files tend to not create due to some error, but i did get...
  10. Why is my PC Rebooting once a day

Why is my PC Rebooting once a day: My PC seems to be rebooting on it own once per day, after left on at night. It appears to happen while I am sleeping and not using the PC. This has only been happening recently. The only thing I can think of that might coincide with the start of the issue is my power...