Windows 10: once again can't see computers on network

Discus and support once again can't see computers on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this seems to happen over and over with new versions of windows I am running windows version: Win32NT 10.0.17134.0 Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bbxrider, Jun 13, 2018.

1. bbxrider Win User

once again can't see computers on network

this seems to happen over and over with new versions of windows
    I am running windows version: Win32NT 10.0.17134.0 Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0
    I have shared documents folder with defaults and I have created a special user with r/w access to documents
    I have turned on network discovery and turned off password protected sharing, with the intent to get prompted for credentials when trying to access the shared documents folder on networks
    I have 2 boxes on the lan, both can ping each other
    I have set both boxes to same workgroup
    under networks the other box does not even show!

:)

bbxrider, Jun 13, 2018

2. Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2018
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

once again can't see computers on network

1. once again can't see computers on network - Similar Threads - once again can't

2. Can't see network computer in Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see network computer in Explorer ?: Hi,I have several computer on my home network.My main desktop computer is dual boot Win-10 and Win-11When I boot into Win-11 I can see access all my network computers and devices in File explorer.But when I boot into Win-10 I can not see the network computers. I can see other...
  3. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  4. can't see network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't see network computers: can't see network computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-network-computers/96a1d87b-e1dc-4f59-8db5-a035eb374cd9
  5. Can't see computers on the network

Can't see computers on the network: I've tried soooo many things. I'll try to lay out all the facts and if anything comes to mind that might work, please let me know. I have Spectrum cable with an Arris cable modem. It goes to an Eero wireless unit. That goes to a little switch, which is wired to 2...
  6. Computer Can't See Itself On Network

Computer Can't See Itself On Network: I'm trying to map a network drive from my main server. I've done it a million times before. But now, for some reason, the computer can't see itself on the network! It doesn't show up in the network list! What am I doing wrong? Please view this screencastify to see what...
  7. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  8. Can't See Networked Computer / Folders

Can't See Networked Computer / Folders: windows 10 pro. for the life of me i don't know why setting up a simple home network is such a pain in the neck, seems like it should a pretty darn easy deal. anyway, updated windows a couple of nights ago which of course wiped out my visible shared folders that, btw, i...
  9. networked computers disapear once again after update.

networked computers disapear once again after update.: after latest update computers not visable on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-computers-disapear-once-again-after/de7c36dd-689a-4f96-8340-4acfc1a2d29f
  10. Can't see computer on network

Can't see computer on network: Hi there, I have a desktop and a laptop at home which I use for work. I need to access the desktop files using the laptop, and vice versa. I had it working before (i.e. I could see and access the laptop via the desktop and vice versa) but it's stopped for some reason. I...