Windows 10: One computer activates - other 3 wont (build 10240)

Discus and support One computer activates - other 3 wont (build 10240) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there One computer upgraded to build 10240 PRO and was activated -- the other 3 machines I'm testing this on won't activate --get message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jul 16, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

One computer activates - other 3 wont (build 10240)

Hi there

One computer upgraded to build 10240 PRO and was activated -- the other 3 machines I'm testing this on won't activate --get message saying Activate Windows.

The published key doesn't work if you try and activate manually..

So I got round the whole sorry mess by IMAGING the computer W10 activated on and using Universal restore (restore to Unlike hardware) and now all 4 Machines successfully activated.

Note After the restores to different hardware Windows does a bit of messing around to get the right drivers etc - but the Universal restore mechanism from Acronis works just fine.

I don't really want to use "dubious iso's" from torrents unless that's the only option.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 16, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows insider preview update to new build not coming

All insider builds will be 30 day max unless you have at one time activated 10240 RTM by installing it as an upgrade to win7 or 8. All install keys activations have been cancelled for insider builds.

Installing an insider build right now requires that you first have truly activated 10240 RTM before it will let you have any future builds.

You had 10240 activated as an insider... it would continue receiving insider builds - but once you lose that activation in any way, youre out of luck - no more free copy.

'Mike P, Jul 16, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Question about media creation tool

Microsoft has redirected the 10586 Media Creation Tool pages to the 10240 Media Creation Tool.

They seem to prefer users upgrade to the 10586 build with the normal windows automatic updates.

10240 now needs to be installed for at least 31 days before the upgrade to 10586 November update is offered.

You wont need a key to install the new build provided you are already activated. If it should ask for a key there should be link on the page to skip or do later. Once online it will automatically activate.

'Mike P, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

You can't install clean, the activation servers are deliberately disabled.

Mystere, Jul 16, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Try this...

Thanks topgun for that !

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 16, 2015
  6. bbinnard Win User
    I can verify that the above command provided by topgun do work. I did a clean install on a new SSD and was unable to activate until I used the above commands. They worked perfectly the first time.

bbinnard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. One computer activates - other 3 wont (build 10240) - Similar Threads - computer activates wont

2. Build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  3. failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    failed activation Windows 10 Build 10240: first of all excuse for my english and explanation even on my own language i'm bad at this this is what happened. i have problem with upgrading 10166 to 10240 every-time i restart my pc after it finished downloading the build from windows update nothing happens it just...
  4. Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version

Activate W10 build 10240 ENTERPRISE version: Hi there PRO installed already activated. For Enterprise - it's no point trying the published standard Enterprise key -- you won't be able to activate until Ms's activation servers are switched on at the end of July -- so if you are a HOME user using Enterprise --...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation

Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 activation: Hi all! I have been reading through the forums for the past couple days after installing the Windows 10 Enterprise TP 10074 on a laptop here at work. I ran through the activation and setup of a MS account on that build and then ran Windows updates. This updated the build from...
  6. Some apps wont pin to taskbar windows 10 build 10240

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps wont pin to taskbar windows 10 build 10240: [img] Hi I have pinned a picture to help explain my issue. Every time I try to pin skype, battle.net, itunes a new icon is pinned to the taskbar but not the jump list version. when I click on the icon on the task bar it opens another icon/program which does show the jump...
  7. Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??: Hi there I'm confused now -- if build 10240 is as good (or for most people as near as good) as it will be for the Windows delivered to people after 29 Jul - and it's activated already what is the point in purchasing new licenses. I've got about 6 versions running -- I...
  8. Build 10240 not prompting for computer name during sysprep

Build 10240 not prompting for computer name during sysprep: I was wondering if anyone else was running into the issue of sysprep not prompting for a computer name during the boot up process. Everything in my attend file is functioning normally (even the copy profile) but I cannot get a prompt for a computer name. I'm thinking this is...
  9. How to activate WIn10 Build 10240 CLean Install

How to activate WIn10 Build 10240 CLean Install: I installed Build 10240 on a brand new SSD drive with no problems. However, Windows rejects the the activation code I found on another post in this forum: How to activate the latest Windows 10 build - Microsoft Community That post says activation really isn't necessary,...
  10. Problems with Build 10240

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Build 10240: So far, I have no sound and Cortana is not working when I speak to her. Any solutions and fixed? 8367