Windows 10: One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

Discus and support One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Currently my setup is modem-> Asus 68U Router-> 24 port switch There are a couple of things that go direct to my router, but for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by superwindow, Jul 18, 2017.

1. One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

Hi everyone,

Currently my setup is modem-> Asus 68U Router-> 24 port switch

There are a couple of things that go direct to my router, but for the most part everything goes into the switch including 3 different computers.

Yesterday that power went out at my house and everything rebooted. For whatever reason one of the desktops will now only get internet access if I plug it in directly to the modem. The switch or router just gives me the yellow triangle saying no Internet access.

Everything else plugged into the router and switch works as before. I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks,

:)

superwindow, Jul 18, 2017
  2. RonBueing Win User

Windows 10 No "WiFi" Option

I am connected to the internet via an Ethernet connection. I need to access my WiFi network, but no WiFi option shows up in Network & Internet list on the left hand side of the page and the only available network showing is to my **** Router which is connected
    by Ethernet. The wireless router is working and several other devices are connected, but I cannot see the wireless network on my computer and it has a wireless card. When we set up the router at first it would only connect via wireless and not by Ethernet.
    I wanted the Ethernet connection for the desktop computer for the speed, so we disabled the wireless during the set up of the router. The wireless now does not even show up to be enabled. Any ideas.

RonBueing, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Wi-Fi problems with internal network

My installation consists of the following:

Desktop computer connected to internet router via an Ethernet cable.

Laptop connected to internet router via Wi-Fi using one of two methods:

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from the internet router itself

Using the Wi-Fi broadcast from a dLan AV wireless which is connected to the original internet router via an Ethernet cable.

The dLan installation is a powerline unit with the sender plugged into the room where the internet router is based and the receiver/Ethernet/Wi-Fi unit plugged into a socket in the room where the laptop is used.

My backup drive is a Seagate GoFlex Home unit which is connected to the internet router via an Ethernet cable.

When my old laptop was working on Windows 7 I was able to run back up via either of my two Wi-Fi options. My new Windows 10 (home) laptop can be connected to the back up drive if I connect an Ethernet cable between the laptop and the dLan AV receiver in
    the room however if I try to connect via either of the two Wi-Fi options I cannot find the backup drive nor can I create a network in order to add it.

I hope that this clarifies the problem.

Regards,

SouthEssex, Jul 18, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

The tried and true:
    • Power off all devices and PCs, and power off or unplug the Router, switch, and modem.
    • Wait about 30 seconds.
    • Power on the modem. Wait until all the connectivity lights are done and lit up.
    • Power on the Router. Wait until all the connectivity lights are done and lit up.
    • Power on the Switch.
    • Power on the PCs, then the other connected devices.
    See if that works.

5. OK, I wont be able to test until tonight. I assume that I plug the computer in question into the switch when doing this.

superwindow, Jul 19, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    You would plug it into whichever device you want it to work in permanently.

Thema:

One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

1. One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router - Similar Threads - computer connecting Internet

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  6. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  7. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  8. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...