Windows 10: one day i'll learn. (upgraded to build 16299lost game mode slider?!?)

Discus and support one day i'll learn. (upgraded to build 16299lost game mode slider?!?) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Its always something when I upgrade windows. Each time i tell myself it wont be like the previous mess which always had led me to a clean install, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by klepp0906, Oct 11, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

one day i'll learn. (upgraded to build 16299lost game mode slider?!?)

Its always something when I upgrade windows. Each time i tell myself it wont be like the previous mess which always had led me to a clean install, and each time i learn the hard way.

Seems the 4th or 5th time isnt the charm. After a few rolls back n forwards I managed to remove my lacp/team and some vpn stuff and intels drivers and got my network working again - almost almost proud I made an upgrade work apart from a few annoyances.

Then I go to browse through some of the new settings and BAM.

If I open the game bar in game I can see the game mode checkbox, but If i go through PC settings the slider is just not there.

The game mode category is there where it always is, but when I open it up I get the text that "this pc supports game mode" but the slider to enable or disable it is MIA.

Sitting here shaking my head. Already tried the good ole /sfc. Dont want to roll back especially after spending an entire day top to bottom working on getting the kinks out but jesus, an entire feature just being not there might force my hand.

any ideas?

:)

klepp0906, Oct 11, 2017
  2. rdh61 Win User

Cannot turn Internet Explorer 11 back on on Windows 10

Thanks. The problem went away after a reboot. I'll learn one day maybe.

rdh61, Oct 11, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    game mode

Game Mode is only available on the 'insider' builds until the official release with the

'Creators' Update in April.

Fortunately, you don't need Game Mode to run games on Win10 though.

One of many articles regarding Game Mode...

pcgamer.com/windows-10-game-mode-tested

BossDweeb, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

one day i'll learn. (upgraded to build 16299lost game mode slider?!?)

1. one day i'll learn. (upgraded to build 16299lost game mode slider?!?) - Similar Threads - i'll learn upgraded

2. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  3. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  4. power mode slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power mode slider: power mode slider in battery icon in taskbar is missing.. what do to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-slider/a425e2e1-ecb6-4c3f-b04f-95c7ce6ad8fb
  5. Windows Game Bar slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar slider: So whenever I go to turn on gamebar I click the slider to the on position, but when I leave that page and go back the slider is automatically turned off. Any ideas why?...
  6. Sudoku 2 expert games in one day...not right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudoku 2 expert games in one day...not right: I play Sudoku daily and never get 2 expert games in one day...please help. my game never wants to start up, takes multiple attempts to get it to work. HELP...
  7. Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build

Slider Control is Missing in the Latest Build: Split from this thread. Thank you, any idea if this brings back the slider control under advanced power options? i.e. different brightness setting under display settings in power options for plugged in and battery power like before the update . see attached screen...
  8. Battery mode slider missing !!!

Battery mode slider missing !!!: Another unknown problem ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/battery-mode-slider-missing/b50a43cc-5e1c-4a22-ba7d-4c4f4af689f9
  9. Power Mode Slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Mode Slider: Since the Power Mode Slider can be set differently for Plugged In, and not Plugged In, why would I ever want it set to anything other than Best Performance when Plugged In? 100232
  10. Gaming with Windows Machine Learning

in Windows 10 News
    Gaming with Windows Machine Learning: Neural Networks Will Revolutionize Gaming Earlier this month, Microsoft announced the availability of Windows Machine Learning. We mentioned the wide-ranging applications of WinML on areas as diverse as security, productivity, and the internet of things. We even showed how...