Windows 10: one digit lost from key

Discus and support one digit lost from key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I hope this is the right place to post this question,I purchased a OEM Win 10 64 bit pro disk which arrived today ,the activation key was covered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wizzards, Feb 2, 2017.

1. wizzards Win User

one digit lost from key

Hello I hope this is the right place to post this question,I purchased a OEM Win 10 64 bit pro disk which arrived today ,the activation key was covered in a grey strip just like a scratch card,well it was very difficult to remove this grey strip and I have rubbed out the lead letter /number on the second block of characters all that was left was a vertical black line which looks like the start of a letter,i dont think it was a number as it was just was a straight vertical line,does any one please know of a way of finding this letter/number via MS,if not I suppose that I will have to enter the code and substitute any letter that starts with a straight vertical edge,good start to my day,it not Friday the 13th is it
    many thanks for any help
    Peter

:)

wizzards, Feb 2, 2017

2. Copter broke, missing key

During a restore my computer froze and my windows 10 key was lost. Can I receive my key from record? My email from you shows me the starting digits, I just need the remaining key to activate please.

Cail Hernandez, Feb 2, 2017
  3. Lost digital license windows 10

iam upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1. very recent i lost my data in my pc all the files regarding windows 10 and windows 8.1 was erased. lost product key or digital licence. present i am using duplicate os. so please help me get my os back and
    my product key.

venkateshu, Feb 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

one digit lost from key

Bree, Feb 2, 2017
  5. wizzards Win User
    yes its a bloody silly idea,I suffer from arthritis in my hands so difficult to rub any thing off,so I am worried if I return it I could end up in the same position again,as I am building a new system so dont really want to wait approx 14 days,but as i have only 1 letter missing I think I have two choices try inputting the key using the letters that would have a straight line as the first part of the letter and see if I get lucky or return it for exchange
    many thanks for the help
    Peter

wizzards, Feb 2, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Good luck, I make it just 13 letters to try: B D E F H I K L M N P R and maybe U

It's not a silly idea, it's supposed to stop anyone else reading the key and using it before you can.

A third option would be to phone Microsoft Support and complain. They may not be able to help, but at least they would be made aware of this obvious manufacturing fault.

Bree, Feb 2, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can use the Check Product Key function of Showkey plus on this forum:
    ShowKeyPlus

of course, you have to have an operating Windows computer to use it, though.

NavyLCDR, Feb 2, 2017
  8. wizzards Win User

one digit lost from key

Well that sounds good news ,just install win 10 ,download showkeyplus and read my missing digit ,if I read you correctly
    Very good news thanks for all your help
    Peter

wizzards, Feb 3, 2017
  9. No, not exactly. Showkeyplus has a feature where you can manually enter a product code and it will tell you if its a valid code and what version of Windows 10 its for. So what you do is download and run showkeyplus. Then type in your key and a guess as to what the missing character is. When you enter the correct character showkey will tell you its for Windows 10 Pro. Type in the wrong character and it will just say its not a valid key. It should be easier than trying to type it in to the Windows 10 setup window.

If you download and install Windows 10 Pro, and do a skip key it will just enter the generic key ending in 3V66T. That key will only activate if the PC already has a Digital License.

alphanumeric, Feb 3, 2017
  10. wizzards Win User
    well thank you to those that supplied the help and info and a big thanks to Showkeyplus an amazing software,the missing digit was an M!,so I can now install and insert the key,how the hell does that software work there must be millions of keys produced by MS, thanks again Peter

wizzards, Feb 4, 2017
  11. We could tell you, but then we would have to kill you. *Tongue *092

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

one digit lost from key

1. one digit lost from key - Similar Threads - digit lost key

2. digital key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital key: Hello how i can connect the digital keys in 2 pc's with my MS account?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-key/b340ab91-b60a-4385-ba06-b8f15708eae2
  3. digital key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital key: Hello how i can connect the digital keys in 2 pc's with my MS account?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-key/b340ab91-b60a-4385-ba06-b8f15708eae2
  4. Lost Dogle for all in one key board

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Dogle for all in one key board: can I get a dogle for a Microsoft all in one key board I have 4 but none of them work and I don't want to buy a new key board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dogle-for-all-in-one-key-board/aa60a3dc-9bb4-4135-86ea-87a1b9b25c55
  5. Digital key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital key: Hello i m seeing the message in my win 10 key activation area that a digital key is attached in my microsoft account. For how long its gonna be attached? How can i see it if i login in my ms account? And how i can detach it if i want to? Thanks...
  6. Lost digital code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost digital code: I had to factory reset my windows 10 laptop and now I have lost my upgrade to pro that I purchased through the store. I have an order number showing I bought it but no key to type in. Microsoft seems impossible to get a hold of unless you want to pay .... I've already paid...
  7. DIGITAL KEY

DIGITAL KEY: 1) I HAVE PURCHASED DIGITAL KEY OF WINDOWS PRO FROM STORE, HOW CAN I FIND ACTIVATION KEY FOR IT TO REINSTALL IN THE SAME PC. 2) HOW TO INSTALL MS OFFICE HOME & BUSINESS 64 BIT ONLINE WITHOUT DVD . TRIED ALL ANSWERS IN THE MICROSOFT COMMUNITY NEED SOME SOLID SOLUTION....
  8. Lost My windows key or digital license

Lost My windows key or digital license: i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows serial key is..not sure...
  9. Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key

Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key: I bought a laptop (lenovo ideapad 310) from someone and I used it for 2 years with a genuine windows installed in it. Few months ago, I reinstalled my windows due to some viral problem, and now I can't get it activated since I don't have digital product key. Furthermore, I...
  10. lost digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost digital licence: lost digital licence after upgrade from win7 to win 10 how do i find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-digital-licence/f77b4476-0050-4a3f-ada3-eadda5c07792