Windows 10: One Drive and Wi Fi connections can they be blocked ?

Discus and support One Drive and Wi Fi connections can they be blocked ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a new HP laptop win 10 installed and I like it very much but I have an issues with One Drive . I use my WiFi connection at home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dukerod, Feb 19, 2016.

1. dukerod Win User

One Drive and Wi Fi connections can they be blocked ?

Hi All,

I have a new HP laptop win 10 installed and I like it very much but I have an issues with One Drive .

I use my WiFi connection at home for browsing and usual stuff which is fine and One Drive uploads to the cloud with no issues and of course does not affect my data allowance as my Internet connection is unlimited.

In my workplace I do not have a land line and use a talkTalk MiFi dongle with a 5gb limit . I connected to the MiFi and carried on as normal but realised that the One Drive used my data quickly and soon I had a message that I had no data left .

My enquiry is can I get One Drive to ignore my MiFi connection and only do the uploads on my home internet connection only ?

At the moment I have to disable One Cloud when I arrive at work .

Many Thanks Rod *Biggrin

:)

dukerod, Feb 19, 2016

2. error code 80070018

If it works over the cellular network, but not Wi-Fi, then it may be something with that Wi-Fi network that is blocking the connection. I would try a different Wi-Fi network to see if that is the case.

Christopher Miller, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi Windows phone 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you have an issue with connect to your work Wi-Fi using your Nokia Lumia 630, but I got impression that you can connect to another Wi-Fi’s. In this situation I would advise to contact your Wi-Fi administrator and check if Wi-Fi is
    not block for your phone.

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Feb 19, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Feb 20, 2016
  5. dukerod Win User
    dukerod, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One Drive and Wi Fi connections can they be blocked ? - Similar Threads - Drive connections blocked

2. I can not connect to Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not connect to Wi-Fi.: My Acer Aspire quit connecting to Wi-Fi . Bluetooth. What have I done? Everything else connects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-wi-fi/3a21a6ae-3a7d-4184-921f-932914eb11b4
  3. I can not connect to Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not connect to Wi-Fi.: My Acer Aspire quit connecting to Wi-Fi . Bluetooth. What have I done? Everything else connects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-wi-fi/3a21a6ae-3a7d-4184-921f-932914eb11b4
  4. Wi-Fi not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connecting: WiFi isn't connecting. I thought it was the WiFi router problem, but I tried connecting to another Wi-Fi network. That’s when I understood that the issue was the laptop. I tried everything like resetting the network settings, disabling the network device in device manager and...
  5. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  6. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  7. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  8. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...