Windows 10: One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It.

Discus and support One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to W-10 and it is driving me crazy. All I want to do is when I type a Document using Word or Add some pictures I want it to go into Document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeeB, Aug 18, 2017.

1. LeeB Win User

One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It.

I am new to W-10 and it is driving me crazy. All I want to do is when I type a Document using Word or Add some pictures I want it to go into Document File or Picture File or what ever..

I am not going to share or use "The Cloud" or any of that fancy stuff. But when I try to save something it goes all over the place and I have a heck of time finding where it went........

How do I eliminate One Drive? All I want is to be able to go to My Documents like I used to do when I was using w-7.......

Thanks

:)

2. panoukos Win User

One Drive Screwed THIS PC colume even tho i have unlinked one drive the folders Documents and Pictures are from one drive but i want it to be from the users

under This Pc even tho i have unlinked one drive the folders Documents and Pictures are from one drive but i want it to be from the users so when i press documents under the colume "this PC" it takes me to MY PCS
    documents(users) like the downloads but its the one drive and its driving me crazy plzz help me...

panoukos, Aug 18, 2017
  3. N73 is driving me crazy, It keeps switching off in the middle of call

Hi,

Even my N73M getting switched off sometimes when i put the phone into my trouser packets. But i haven got your first problem, getting switched off while in a call.

Please any one suggest me weather OS reinstalltion will solve or i have to change the battery.

Also i have free memory of 800MB in 2GB Memory card. Will having 1GB of songs causes this problem?

Erai.

eraianbanc, Aug 18, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Uninstall One Drive under programs and features.

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  6. LeeB Win User
    Will that let me use My Documents the way I am used to?

7. LeeB Win User
    Thanks I'll give the Tutorials a try........

8. One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It.

lehnerus2000, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I suggest you learn how to use OneDrive since it's really useful for saving files you can share between your PCs and friends / family.

Steve C, Aug 18, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    Yes ! But instead of uninstalling, check the tutorial on 'Auto Save' in Onedrive and set 'Choose where you want to save your documents and pictures' to This PC vs defaults 'Save to Onedrive'. I think it's that simple. That's how mine is set and then whatever I want to put in Onedrive folders, I copy and paste there to share.

mrgeek, Aug 18, 2017
  11. 67? Got ya beat, by 7 years, but I too don't want some new OS messing around with me. Windows 10 is the worse!
    When doing a new install or setup on a Win-10 PC, it takes me nearly an hour to go through all the settings, turning off all the things that constitute Security Holes, and then to UN-Install all the Apps that I don't want or need. I disable 'WUDO' and kill Cortana, by changing her .dll file to .ddd. *

* Much has been written about how M$ uses Win-10 to gather information (spy) about your use of the OS.
    It's possible to FIX it, but it takes time and effort. So, disregarding all other info..... if there's something in Win-10 that you don't want, like, or trust, 86 it! Once it's been neutered, it's actually a pretty capable OS.

If you bought a new house, and it came with bright Pink walls, you most likely would repaint them....Right? Well, it's been my own experience that Win-10 requires some 'Re-Painting'.

Once I've gone into Win-10 Settings, and shut down everything I don't want, I then install the "Classic Shell" and set that up so that the new install of Win-10 closely resembles Win-7 (or even Win XP)

The "Revo Un-Installer" is a valuable tool, for removing apps (programs) that you neither want of need. It will also remove folders and registry entries that the Windows uninstaller leaves behind.

Good Luck, and Happy Computing, Mate!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 18, 2017
  12. I have One PC no smart phone and Zero Use for a 5GB limit OneDrive when I have a free 15GB Google Drive.

Josey Wales, Aug 18, 2017
  13. LeeB Win User

This has been Solved....... I think...... Time will tell....

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Lee. *Party

Which option did you use?

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  15. LeeB Win User
    I have W-10 Home so I used Option 2..... But it was not clear that it worked.. Time will tell... When I go to my PC and right click on One Drive it says there is nothing there but to be honest I have not had time to test it..... I will be taking some pictures this afternoon and putting them on here, then I will see where they go (I hope) *chuckle

Thema:

1. One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It. - Similar Threads - Drive Driving Crazy

2. one drive has gone crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one drive has gone crazy: Hi,2 days ago I saw a dialog "cloud sync error". I simply dismissed the dialog, but since then one drive has been syncing all my files. Many files on my hard drive are being over written by older ones in the cloud. Source files for projects are reverting back to older...
  3. BSOD driving me crazy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD driving me crazy!: Hi all, I keep getting random BSOD with - KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which is super vague. This is on a fresh install of windows, both hard drives wiped, and only installing on a Sandisk SSD with Windows 10. It is an older computer that used to run windows 7, but the...
  4. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  5. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  6. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  7. FTP is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP is driving me crazy: I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations. 2. I can connect to the server, but I...
  8. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  9. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...
  10. Not Sandboxed driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Sandboxed driving me crazy: I installed AOL Gold and it seemed like it was gone. Now now only is it on AOL. but chrome, Facebook, etc. It is flashing more now than ever. If it is not sandboxed can I get it sandboxed? Can it be turned on or off? [img] 108883