Windows 10: One Drive needs to drive somewhere else

Discus and support One Drive needs to drive somewhere else in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know there is a purpose and some will say it is a good utility...but, I hate when a computer does things because Microsoft thought it was a good idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AFTommy, Jun 29, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

One Drive needs to drive somewhere else

I know there is a purpose and some will say it is a good utility...but, I hate when a computer does things because Microsoft thought it was a good idea to override our wishes and do stuff. I hate one drive. I hate having pictures and thing put on the cloud. I have enough hard drive space that I want to keep it all under my own wing.
    Enough of the small talk. How did I get rid of "ONE DRIVE". I don't want it covered up. I don't want it idling in my tray. I want the booger GONE. gpedit.msc did not work...Please help

:)

AFTommy, Jun 29, 2017
  2. SO439 Win User

Copying contacts TO the sim card

I am trying to get rid of one drive. So I would like my contacts to be somewhere else so when I get the new phone, I wont have to be married to one drive. That is why.

SO439, Jun 29, 2017
  3. march update caused messaging bugs

I just updated my LG Quantum with the march update and now every time someone sends me a text, or I try to send a new text to a person I already have a conversation with, it will open a new tab with their name creating multiple conversations in the messaging
    tab with the same person. This seems to happen when its been a few hours or a day since I've messaged this person.

Does anyone else seem to be experiencing this problem? It is incredibly annoying and I hope I don't have to wait for the "fall" update for this to stop.

drive in, drive out, Jun 29, 2017
  4. AFTommy Win User

Never mind guys, my neighbor showed me...Thanks

AFTommy, Jun 29, 2017
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Please share the knowledge. Onedrive pops up for me every now and them. It's annoying.

eLPuSHeR, Jun 29, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
  7. dalchina New Member
Thema:

1. One Drive needs to drive somewhere else - Similar Threads - Drive needs drive

2. One Drive needs to update - but can't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive needs to update - but can't?: Hello,I am running a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1. For about two weeks now, I have not been able to sync with One Drive. This applies to my App and my Desktop version. This first came to my attention when I noticed that the One Drive icon was not appearing in the...
  3. One Drive needs to update - but can't?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive needs to update - but can't?: Hello,I am running a Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1. For about two weeks now, I have not been able to sync with One Drive. This applies to my App and my Desktop version. This first came to my attention when I noticed that the One Drive icon was not appearing in the...
  4. One drive - one drive history

One drive - one drive history: One drive - - - -Google- from Japanese There is a history that you do not know in the files etc., and even your own history is hardly left in the activity* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. 'You're playing ... somewhere else' Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'You're playing ... somewhere else' Message: Hi, I've downloaded Forza Horizon 5 in my laptop for more than one month. But just today, a message in blue box pops up every time I boot up the laptop. The message reads 'You're playing Forza Horizon 5 somewhere else' and 'This game has ended here because you started it up...
  6. 'You're playing ... somewhere else' Message

'You're playing ... somewhere else' Message: Hi, I've downloaded Forza Horizon 5 in my laptop for more than one month. But just today, a message in blue box pops up every time I boot up the laptop. The message reads 'You're playing Forza Horizon 5 somewhere else' and 'This game has ended here because you started it up...
  7. One drive needs attention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive needs attention: I'm unable to fix this problem because the email that comes up *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is an old email - no longer exists - obviously no password works. I don't know how to change it to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***....
  8. I need help with one drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with one drive: I want to remove the area where i put the red circle. I have 6 PC , All of 5 don't have problem with one drive keep ask to back up i never want to back up photo/document/desktop to one drive so every PC i have is not back up and no problem But this pc it keep ask me to back...
  9. Need Help with One Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help with One Drive: Out of space just bought 1 more TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-one-drive/4e18a1ac-6f5c-49b2-ad9e-9c4c4875b073
  10. Do I need one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I need one drive?: Do I need one drive? Can I just uninstall it? It keeps saying I don't have enough space. Don't want to buy more space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-one-drive/fbc3cef6-ddcc-4859-9b8f-f2489d5af090"