Windows 10: one drive question

Discus and support one drive question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have read that you can edit files from onedrive even if you're not online , if so where these files are stored on the computer? 49044 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Novan, May 1, 2016.

1. Novan Win User

one drive question

I have read that you can edit files from onedrive even if you're not online , if so where these files are stored on the computer?

:)

Novan, May 1, 2016

2. One drive questions?

It's NOT a stupid question...

If you do it from your browser, you don't run into syncronisations-problems. When logged on from a browser, you can make the folders, and open the folder, and then upload the files to it.

I'm now running Windows 7, and don't have any OneDrive-apps and OneDrive-folders on my computer, so I have to log on OneDrive from a browser, when I have to use it.

Or use a USB-stick or extern harddisk. Or use both.... It's allways a good thing to have the files in more than one place.

MicaelNielsen, May 1, 2016
  3. One drive questions?

Ok here's whats going on. I want to go back to my original windows from when I first purchased my pc and then reinstall windows 10. Now here's the question.

If I make a videos folder in my one drive folder where my music and pictures and documents are located can I then slide my videos in there and then delete my windows 10 and go back to window 7 and then reinstall windows 10 and then just sign back into my
    one drive and resteive my videos.

You see the thing is this might be a stupid question but I'm not to used to using the one drive yet and don't want to lose my videos or music.

DawnReneesReaders, May 1, 2016
  4. Fabler Win User

one drive question

If the folders are synced then either click on the icon in the notification area and select 'open your OneDrive folder' or open file explorer and select OneDrive.

Fabler, May 1, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Open File Explorer > left side, at the navigation pane, click open Onedrive.

one drive question [​IMG]

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  6. stv13788 Win User
    When you save your files to OneDrive, they're stored in the cloud on Microsoft's servers and--sometimes, but not always--locally on your PC. It's a bit confusing because where your files are stored depends on the version of Windows you're using and your OneDrive settings. Let's cut through the confusion and make sure the files you need are always available when you're offline. - See more at: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/on....wru3mmwD.dpuf

stv13788, May 2, 2016
  7. Novan Win User
    Many thanks for the information

Novan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

one drive question

1. one drive question - Similar Threads - drive question

2. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  3. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  4. I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC: I am not new to computers... however this is my first dual drive and it is kind of confusing me as to how things are or should be and Or how best to download, store and organize things.I recently had to reinstall my OS to help fix some issues and it got me thinking about how...
  5. I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC

I have general questions and about various Windows apps my 1st Dual Drive PC: I am not new to computers... however this is my first dual drive and it is kind of confusing me as to how things are or should be and Or how best to download, store and organize things.I recently had to reinstall my OS to help fix some issues and it got me thinking about how...
  6. Dual drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual drive question: My computer has dual drives, i have installed windows 10 pro edition on my computer, if i install Windows 11 home edition on my other drive, is it legal or illegal? I don't want dual boot on my same drive....
  7. Dual drive question

Dual drive question: My computer has dual drives, i have installed windows 10 pro edition on my computer, if i install Windows 11 home edition on my other drive, is it legal or illegal? I don't want dual boot on my same drive....
  8. Still blue question mark on D: drive, can't interact with it and doesn't appear anywhere...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still blue question mark on D: drive, can't interact with it and doesn't appear anywhere...: Hey,Sorry to disturb but I've got an issue I've been tryna solve for quite a lot of time. You see my D drive has a blue question mark and if I try to open it nothing happens, I've tried most of the solutions I could find on the internet but the problem persists. Disk cleanup,...
  9. Still blue question mark on D: drive, can't interact with it and doesn't appear anywhere...

Still blue question mark on D: drive, can't interact with it and doesn't appear anywhere...: Hey,Sorry to disturb but I've got an issue I've been tryna solve for quite a lot of time. You see my D drive has a blue question mark and if I try to open it nothing happens, I've tried most of the solutions I could find on the internet but the problem persists. Disk cleanup,...
  10. Still blue question mark on D: drive, can't interact with it and doesn't appear anywhere...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware