Windows 10: One Drive

Discus and support One Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new here and I don't understand this One Drive. I thought I transferred photos from my phone to One Drive but when I go to open them I'm told it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Laserbeam125, Jul 2, 2017.

1. One Drive

I'm new here and I don't understand this One Drive. I thought I transferred photos from my phone to One Drive but when I go to open them I'm told it's empty. Can I somehow distance myself from One Drive and get rid of it? Also when I transfer photos why do they go into this giant blue box, in the start menu it is "Photos" with something like 2 white clouds. Why don't all my photos go into "my photos" folder like they did with every other operating system I've had going back to Windows 98.
    I hate Windows 10, I've never been able to figure anything out, it's too complicated, I wish I never would have gotten the upgrade last July.
    I also got updates in May, once the laptop came back on it had something about Outlook, I hate outlook, I only used it as a spare but now I must keep it along with Windows Live Mail which I prefer, but the both accounts get all the mail every day so I must keep up with 2 email accts that I did not ask for. Is there a way around it. Is there any way I can undo the updates I got?
    Sorry this is so long but I am really frustrated with win 10. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Laserbeam125, Jul 2, 2017

2. One Drive.

How do I disable One Drive from windows 10 Home? None of solutions found on web work! No cloud icon visible even in show other icons.

Eric.

EricBattison, Jul 2, 2017
  3. KENRITMAN Win User
    One Drive

It won't download to bull guard no matter what i do.

KENRITMAN, Jul 2, 2017
  4. One Drive

Hi Larerbeam125 and welcome to the forum. You do not have to use OneDrive. I don't I uninstalled it which can be done in settings/apps. I just keep my images in The Pictures Library. I do not have a camera . You can place your photos anywhere you want to. Good luck with Windows 10.

Josey Wales, Jul 2, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Samuria Win User
    The best bet and what I use is to use Google backup get the app tell it what folders and it backs up all on its own and as soon as you add new photos it backs them up its free and unlimited I backed up 75000 App downloads - Google Photos

Samuria, Jul 2, 2017
  7. Wow thank you all for the speedy reply. Any suggestions on Outlook? No need to answer that now, let me get rid of One Drive first. again thank you

8. One Drive

I got Google backup ran it and got a msg it could not back up One Drive, so how do I get what is in One Drive into another folder?
    Also in settings there is nothing listed as One Drive so how do I get rid of it? That's all for now, I'm quitting this for the rest of the evening, I've had it.

9. pparks1 Win User
    Are you using the same OneDrive account? I also use OneDrive on my Android phone and I have it automatically sync my camera roll to OneDrive. It is set on my phone to only upload when I am on Wifi. This way, everytime I take a picture on my cell phone, with no input from me, my pictures are also safely stored on OneDrive. Therefore, if I lose my phone, or the phone takes a dump, all of my pictures are in a second location.

I log into Onedrive from the web browser, use the same account that is set up on my phone, and my pictures are all under Photos.

The 2 white clouds are OneDrive. The reason things aren't the same as they were in Windows 98, was because back in the old days people stored their files locally. Then, they neglected to take regular backups. One day, they turned on their computer, and the hard drive had failed. They had lost their files. Their documents, their music, their pictures, their bookmarks, etc.

Technology came around, and now we have the ability to not only have our files on our devices that we can access without the Internet, but we can also have a copy of them stored in the cloud. So, if your computer doesn't boot, or your cell phone is lost, or your house burns down, you don't lose your files. And if you are traveling and visiting family, and you have access to their computer and you want to show them something, you can access your files from a web browser while in a remote location.
    What OS were you coming from? Was it Windows 7? I assume that since WIndows 8, windows 8.1 and 10 aren't that much different.
    So you have 2 applications on your machine, and both are checking the same email account? There is no real reason that you need to use the Windows default mail application if Windows Live mail is setup and working as you want. Set the default app to be the one you use (start, default programs).

Hope some of this helps.

pparks1, Jul 2, 2017
  10. Thank you so much for all this information, it helps but I've been dealing with yet another problem. For the past 2 hrs I've been trying to get the 32GB SD card in my phone to be recognized on the laptop, no luck, everything is on it. It worked before but lately I get a msg there is an error with it and needs to be scanned I go for the scan but then it tells me to insert a disk into the USB port, so again for now I quit, I will work on One Drive tomorrow as it's getting to me, I wish I was a lot smarter with computers, but thank you for the info, will keep u updated.

Laserbeam125, Jul 3, 2017
  11. Winuser Win User
    Are you connecting the phone to the computer with a USB cable. If you are and your computer has a card reader try removing the memory card from the camera and insert it into the card reader.

Winuser, Jul 3, 2017
  12. Yes I have an adapter that u plug this tiny little thing in it then plug it into the laptop, but lately it is never recognized, I tried cleaning it, nothing works.
    I had Windows 7 previously, someone above asked that. I also think I do have 2 One Drive accts. Many months ago I was on the phone with Microsoft I can't remember why but they created a 2nd account to get around the problem I was having, if I do a reset will I lose everything, pictures, downloads, documents, I just tried backing up to a USB drive and I got this event viewer box which I totally do not understand
    One Drive [​IMG]

Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Laserbeam125, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

One Drive

1. One Drive - Similar Threads - Drive

2. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  3. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  4. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  5. Bit locker on SSD Drive

Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  6. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  7. fix sub flash drive.

fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862
  8. fix sub flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...
  10. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...