Windows 10: One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

Discus and support One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so if a thread already exists and I just failed at finding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bastrdsheep, Aug 22, 2017.

1. One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so if a thread already exists and I just failed at finding it please point me in that direction.

I have a Lenovo L440 laptop running Windows 10 1607, it has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 video card which lists the last available driver as 15.40 from the 23rd of June 2017.

It has an issue where I connect a projector and I get the flashing display to indicate another display was detected and connected, but nothing displays out to the projector (which is set to use the correct input). I press the shortcut to duplicate the displays and nothing happens. I go in to display settings, and see 5 displays (give or take depending on the laptop) despite only one external one being connected. If I tell it to use displays 1 and 2, nothing, so disable display 2. Then tell it to use displays 1 and 3, nothing, so disable display 3. Repeat this process enough time, it'll eventually come to the display the projector is configured as (sometimes having to add additional displays to what was being shown originally).

It's OK for me to do this as I'm the IT guy, but it's not OK for the staff to do this.

Here is a sample screenshot from another machine with the same problem. Only one external screen (2 in total) is connected.

One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings. [​IMG]

Some machines with more up to date video cards such as Intel 540's have had driver updates putting them to 15.46, and the problem is thus resolved. It's back to behaving as expected for displayed screens and sending output to the right spot. But the laptop in question won't take those drivers.

Does anybody have any suggestions for other things I may try to resolve this?

:)

bastrdsheep, Aug 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 settings for two vga projectors

Until recently, we ran two vga projectors thru a vga splitter. Now only one projector will display the video. The only one displays the projector name like it is not receiving any data. Are there special settings in Windows 10 that I can check.

cookbill2010, Aug 22, 2017
  3. My Laptop screen did not work in Win10.

Hi Billy,

Your concern needs further investigation. Please provide the following information so we can assess the root cause of the issue:

• Are you trying to use the laptop's screen now instead of the external display/projector?
    • Have you tried disconnecting the laptop from the external display/projector?

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

1. One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings. - Similar Threads - external display projector

2. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  3. Windows 10 display using a projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 display using a projector: I have a pc using a vga cable to monitor and a vga cable to a projector if I select under display pc screen the projector is the only display I have to go to second screen only to get the computer monitor on and the projector to both display the computer monitor displaying ie...
  4. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings: I have a 15in laptop screen that is usually running at 4k and a 32in monitor that is at 1080p. In the display settings, it shows the monitor as a lot smaller since it is only at 1080, and I was wondering if there was a way to make windows think that they are both the same...
  5. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings: I have a 15in laptop screen that is usually running at 4k and a 32in monitor that is at 1080p. In the display settings, it shows the monitor as a lot smaller since it is only at 1080, and I was wondering if there was a way to make windows think that they are both the same...
  6. Vastly Different Display Size shown in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting up a projector as an extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a projector as an extended display: I am trying to connect my projector as an extended display to my personal computer. I have a VGA cord running from my PC to my projector, then out to my monitor. Windows is only recognizing one display. How can they be set up to show 2 separate displays? NOTE: In my display...
  8. multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS: I am trying to connect my Ideapad 110 via HDMI to a Toshiba TV. When I connect the two, Settings shows a single box with "12" in it, rather that two boxes with 1 and 2 in them respectively. The TV shows no video input. All of the research I have done requires that there...
  9. display on monitor / projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display on monitor / projector: Today our computer refused to connect with the projector we've been using for several months now. We use a Belkin to go from computer to the vga input of the projector. Now whenever the Belkin is plugged in to the computer, the computer's monitor goes blank; this would be...
  10. Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems: I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto either a projector screen or TV. The problem is that the duplicate display setting does not stay when either the computer...