Windows 10: One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9

Discus and support One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 8.1 Update 1 is expected to be the next big thing for Windows users, as it comes to address many of users complaints in Windows 8.1, while also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 10, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9

Read the rest here:

:)

labeeman, Feb 10, 2014
  2. jj28---01 Win User

n80

BLADES

Had exactly the same problem with my N80 on Orange with the memory card.

Rang orange up at 9:00am on Sunday morning, new phone delivered to me at 7:00pm the SAME DAY!

They did say that they had a few with problems with the memory card.

The slider, my old one that went back was superb (better than the 6280) but my new one is not as solid as the old one. It looks like some phones may have a better build. Probably depends if the bods building them had a good or bad day - lol

jj28---01, Feb 10, 2014
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Windows 10 1607 - Event Viewer shows Warning disk/storahci 129/153

Your situation depends on your specific configuration and what drivers are available. Microsoft provides vanilla drivers for most devices so things work. Whether they work at top performance depends on your device.

My motherboard manufacturer has drivers for Windows 10. My IDE ATA/ATPI controllers went from a
    Intel 9 Series with two Standard AHCI controllers to Intel 9 Series with
    one Standard AHCI controller and one Intel C610 series/X99 chipset sSATA AHCI Controller.

The 9 Series driver went from 2014 to 2015 but the other two still show 2006...

Saltgrass, Feb 10, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

is expected to be the next big thing for Windows users, as it comes to address many of users complaints in Windows 8.1, while also boosting performance and reliability.

H'mmm, I wonder how much of a performance boost I will actually get, since I have 8.1 installed on an SSD and at least in my case, reliability has been good.

LittleJay, Feb 10, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    I have used SSDs for years when they came out in a size that would support the OS. The only improvement that Windows 8.x brought to the table was the stripping out Areo thus the speed improvement, I had it turned off in W7 do not care for the eye candy on the OS.

labeeman, Feb 10, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    As to Microsoft and OS 9 it will be taking a back sit to Apple this year (MO), and the reason being is either at the end of this year or sometime in 2015 they will be putting out a new OS. Since OS X has reached the 10.9 stage it will be interesting to see if they move to a whole new OS; perhaps OS XI, or continue on with OS X (OS X 10.10). The big question here is in what direction will the OS take it users. They already use the Launch Pad (similar to Win 8.1 Start Screen for launching Programs/App, and they have the Dock (no Start Menu), so it will be interesting to see what direction they are going to take.

7. A Guy Win User
    Personally...

Others do too *Wink

A Guy, Feb 11, 2014
  8. One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9

Yep, I'm one of them! I spend too much time sitting in front of my machine for my view to be boring. I spent a lot of money for a powerful machine and don't care one bit for the "extra" power it takes to run aero.

indianacarnie, Apr 16, 2014
  9. Britton30 Win User
    I sure like the eyecandy over blocky looking things. One of Amazon's first pages.

One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9 [​IMG]

Britton30, Apr 18, 2014
  10. Britton30 Win User
    This one's even more weird.

One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9 [​IMG]

Britton30, Apr 18, 2014
  11. Richman1 Win User
    What ever happened to Bow Wow Wow anyway?

The Aero thing and eye candy is all relative as if you have a older slower machine it may use close to 20% of your system resources thus very noticeably slowing things down and making you want to turn it off.
    However, if you have a newer, more powerful machine then it may only represent a 5% reduction in system resources and that is where I agree it well worth the expenditure.
    The features that comes with Aero that I tend to use a lot is the Peak, snap, View, and a few others.

Richman1, Apr 30, 2014
  12. "Microsoft's Future Depends On Windows 9"

How so? Microsoft is still doing pretty damn good. They are still the #1 OS company in the world as well as the #1 Office software provider in the world.

LovingWindows, May 5, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

If Microsoft just focuses on making a stable OS, without a bunch of updates every other week, and just forget about Apple, they could become the dominant OS! Then again, I don't think I could ever go back to Mac, I just love that sense of control I have with Windows. But that's just me. *Smile

Chuck38, May 7, 2014
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    If their not focusing on the next update to 8.1.1(8.1.2) then what are they focusing on. I like 8.1.1, and am really hoping they are not going to make to many changes other then maybe under the hood. Less give it a rest and let the dust settle for a while.

15. Chuck38 Win User
    I don't think we need another update, all the issues I had in Windows 8.1 have been cleared up with 8.1.1, so they really should be focusing on Windows 9!

Chuck38, May 7, 2014
Thema:

1. One Good, One Bad: Microsoft’s Future Depends on Windows 9 - Similar Threads - Bad Microsoft’s Future

2. One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image: I am getting all the error codes onedrive.exe - bad image and the msdt.exe bad image, WER Fault: Werfault.exe- bad image. Can’t get online. Don’t understand other suggestions I’ve read to fix or laptop can’t do it.I am not tech savvy and need help asap. Why had my pc started...
  3. One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image: I am getting all the error codes onedrive.exe - bad image and the msdt.exe bad image, WER Fault: Werfault.exe- bad image. Can’t get online. Don’t understand other suggestions I’ve read to fix or laptop can’t do it.I am not tech savvy and need help asap. Why had my pc started...
  4. One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. One drive.exe - bad image and msdt.exe - bad image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not registered

in Windows 10 News
    MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not registered: [IMG]If when you try to install or open a program on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer you get a prompt with the error message MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not registered, then this post is intended to help you with the most adequate solutions you can try to...
  7. Picture has one bad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture has one bad.: So I've decided to used my QLED 4k for my pc and it looked amazing. Everything was so crisp and clear perfect for gaming ect.. However, some things just aren't all that great. I wen to load up old school runescape and I noticed the graphics on it were extremely pixelated....
  8. Here's A Good One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's A Good One: When my window starts up, I always (most of the time) go to the start button to look at something. But I've noticed lately that because I"m using Classic Start, that the button doesn't change to the button I want. So how can I tell Windows that on boot up, I want this button...
  9. Bad Request for one driv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad Request for one driv: HOw can I fix this problem, I can not get to sites in Edge.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-request-for-one-driv/e2d38cce-c1a7-4456-a738-a56abb4decc4
  10. one good one bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    one good one bad: I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your...